Things That Gladden The Heart

D

Deleted member 17920

Best thing I’ve read in a while… good on yer ‘Bob.

Sadly, my symptoms of 5yrs ago are back - no details, they‘re not pleasant. I start the diagnosis phase, again, next week. Currently 2 days short of 5yrs but the last month hasn’t been good.
Blimey Bri, hope all goes well with the recovery and you are back to full health soon ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
One for anyone who goes to a Vue cinema. The irritating and overly long, 'turn your phone off' short has been replaced by something very short and to the point. Thank you ?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Being irritated by a pack of eight dogs running free in my local park, supposedly being ‘walked’ and under the control of a ‘professional’ dog walker, especially when close by there were a group of 15 nursery school children out for a walk with the nursery assistants…and when pointing out to the walker that the dogs were out of control, how was she able to spot and pick up all their faeces, and reminding her of the recent incident when a dog walker was killed by ’her‘ dogs we got mouthful off her.

Some (many) dog walkers…they are always right; the dogs are always ‘gentle’, ‘just puppies’, ‘having fun’…ignoring that not everyone loves dogs and some folks are positively wary if not frightened of dogs. Matters not a jot to some dog owners.

Then karma…when on reaching the exit of the park a council park ranger was putting up a notice asking users of the park to complete an online survey by the council on their thoughts on dog control in the park, including whether professional dog walkers using the park should be limited in numbers, limited in numbers of dogs under theit supervision, and should they pay a fee to do so. You might imagine how we filled up the online survey.??

Last edited:

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Being irritated by a pack of eight dogs running free in my local park, supposedly being ‘walked’ and under the control of a ‘professional’ dog walker, especially when close by there were a group of 15 nursery school children out for a walk with the nursery assistants…and when pointing out to the walker that the dogs were out of control, how was she able to spot and pick up all their faeces, and reminding her of the recent incident when a dog walker was killed by ’her‘ dogs we got mouthful off her.

Some (many) dog walkers…they are always right; the dogs are always ‘gentle’, ‘just puppies’, ‘having fun’…ignoring that not everyone loves dogs and some folks are positively wary if not frightened of dogs. Matters not a jot to some dog owners.

Then karma…when on reaching the exit of the park a council park ranger was putting up a notice asking users of the park to complete an online survey by the council on their thoughts on dog control in the park, including whether professional dog walkers using the park should be limited in numbers, limited in numbers of dogs under theit supervision, and should they pay a fee to do so. You might imagine how we filled up the online survey.??
Your Council seems a bit behind the times?? We brought in controls best part of 20 years ago.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

my council have restrictions in place but you'd never guess as they don't enforce it

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Still being able to climb trees at 59. Got an oak tree in the back garden and if it had its way it would be 50 ft now. Every year its Tash v Tree and Ave managed to keep it down to around 15ft. Every year Tash climbs it to keep his bush tidy.
Having pressure washed me
Dads front drive this morning I am now recovering with the aid of a tincture called 1664. I may need a tincture over dose as am ballaxed.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Four years ago today, and just around this time, me and the Mrs would have been boarding our flight to Auckland at the start of our travels down under and in SE Asia. Little did we know of the fantastic adventures we were to have over the following four months.

We were doing it because my Mrs was not long into remission with BC and had given up work in November, and the opportunity for me to have a ‘career break’ presented itself at work. We just decided to go for it because with my Mrs‘s BC you never know, and you just never know in life. Plus her NHS pension lump sum (after near 40yrs dedicated public service) and some inheritance I’d received from my parents estate made it affordable.

I can’t believe it’s four years, but the water has kept flowing under the bridge, and for as long as the water keeps flowing I must try and enjoy every day. Some days we have to look at little harder than others, but in truth even if there is little to be grateful for on any one day, there is always our health and we will always have the memories of four years ago to be grateful for and to treasure.

One big lesson we have taken and had reinforced as the years go by, though as a couple it’s always been our philosophy, is that when we spend money we are always looking to create memories rather than accumulate stuff.

Enjoy life - be grateful for what you have each day and for the memories from times past - we are not afforded the luxury of being able to see round the corners of life.

Last edited:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
14 -3 staring the the face of a classic England capitulation to 250-4 with 10 overs left. Yes, it should be in the cricket thread but it made me smile.

Big85

Visit site
Four years ago today, and just around this time, me and the Mrs would have been boarding our flight to Auckland at the start of our travels down under and in SE Asia. Little did we know of the fantastic adventures we were to have over the following four months.

We were doing it because my Mrs was not long into remission with BC and had given up work in November, and the opportunity for me to have a ‘career break’ presented itself at work. We just decided to go for it because with my Mrs‘s BC you never know, and you just never know in life. Plus her NHS pension lump sum (after near 40yrs dedicated public service) and some inheritance I’d received from my parents estate made it affordable.

I can’t believe it’s four years, but the water has kept flowing under the bridge, and for as long as the water keeps flowing I must try and enjoy every day. Some days we have to look at little harder than others, but in truth even if there is little to be grateful for on any one day, there is always our health and we will always have the memories of four years ago to be grateful for and to treasure.

One big lesson we have taken and had reinforced as the years go bye, though as a couple it’s always been our philosophy, is that when we spend money we are always looking to create memories rather than accumulate stuff.

Enjoy life - be grateful for what you have each day and for the memories from times past - we are not afforded the luxury of being able to see round the corners of life.
Absolutely love this!! ??