Things That Gladden The Heart

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
My 6yr old asked to come to the range with me last night, I said no as I was going to an hourly rate one, but said we could go today if she still wanted to - we went at lunchtime and she loved it, I may have to get her a bigger club, but she she had a great time and wants to go again.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
We had an Indian takeaway tonight. Firstly, as always, it was bloomin marvellous. Secondly, it's run by a husband and wife team and they are the nicest people. I've been enough now that we have a little chat but even before then they would always be full of smiles. You also get to see straight through to the kitchen and see the husband cooking. An artist at work, it's a real pleasure to watch a professional who knows his job. The whole experience from going in to eating the food is an absolute delight ?.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
We had an Indian takeaway tonight. Firstly, as always, it was bloomin marvellous. Secondly, it's run by a husband and wife team and they are the nicest people. I've been enough now that we have a little chat but even before then they would always be full of smiles. You also get to see straight through to the kitchen and see the husband cooking. An artist at work, it's a real pleasure to watch a professional who knows his job. The whole experience from going in to eating the food is an absolute delight ?.

My new place of work has taken me to Aberdeenshire and a top 10 uk Indian restaurant, although 2007, still the same family and still A1, delightful ?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Our greens team have finished the complete reconfiguring of the bunkering with some sculpting of immediate approaches on three of our shorter holes, one short par four and two par threes - and the bunkers and new approaches are looking superb.

On all three holes the objective has been to make the bunkering fully visible from the tee thereby increasing visual peril and, on the par four, for the approach; at same time introducing more hazard but better risk/reward options from the tee. On the two par threes particularly, whereas previously you’d stand on the tee and looking you’d be more likely to think ‘meh’ than ‘wow’ at what you saw in front of you…now when I stand on the tees (holes are not yet open) I think ’blimey, ooh err…that’s bunkering - I gotta get this right’.

Of course some members disagree and grumble, but a majority I’ve spoken with seem to think the changes improve the holes in all respects intended. Leaves only four ‘old’ bunkers on the course, and three of the four are on a hole that we are deliberating on more significant changes to the green complex and immediate environs.

Last edited:

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I stumbled across DelC, formerly of this Parish, on Facebook just now. He's still giving it plenty. Bless him.

Why does anyone with a Private Pilots Licence always have themselves in a headset in their profile pic? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I have him as a friend on Facebook. I’d say that at least 95% of his posts are slagging something or someone off. Still harps on about Brexit almost every day.