Things That Gladden The Heart

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My dad is awaiting a replacement knee. Delayed (understandably) due to covid.

He has an electric bike, it helps him up the hills then uses it normally for everywhere else to go out every day with mum so they don't drive everywhere.

Last week got a puncture. Tubeless tyres. The shops either won't touch because it's tubeless or because it's electric. Which is a pain.

He can't get a tyre online until mid August

Lent him my bog standard bike. He took out today and he said he managed it still because it has good gearing.

Made me happy to think he can still get out and prob do his knee more favours!

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm lucky to be based at RAF Coningsby home of the BBMF, the Spitfire, Hurricane and Lancaster all took off from here early yesterday to fly down and take part in the memorial fly past for Dame Vera, they really are an awesome sight to behold as they take off, manoeuvre in flight and the sound of those merlin engines is simply phenomenal.

Am lucky enough to work with the guys that fly them and a tour of the BBMF I'd say is a must if you visit Lincolnshire.
I live in the same village as Dame Vera and was fortunate to witness the flyover of the two Spitfires last Friday - it was all very poignant

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Witnessing some top photobombing... We were up at Ivinghoe Beacon, yesterday, and along came a group of older generation cyclists from along the ridgeway... As they pulled up, by the trig point, they started with some group 'look what we're doing' shots when entering stage left was totally oblivious Ms grumpyknickers parking her bum on the step of the marker... Despite some very polite requests asking could the guys have a few minutes to complete their shots she very bluntly/pointedly refused... Was quite hilarious that I checked out there were no hidden candid camera folk... The lads who were there flying their model gliders were well entertained...

NearHull

Visit site
Witnessing some top photobombing... We were up at Ivinghoe Beacon, yesterday, and along came a group of older generation cyclists from along the ridgeway... As they pulled up, by the trig point, they started with some group 'look what we're doing' shots when entering stage left was totally oblivious Ms grumpyknickers parking her bum on the step of the marker... Despite some very polite requests asking could the guys have a few minutes to complete their shots she very bluntly/pointedly refused... Was quite hilarious that I checked out there were no hidden candid camera folk... The lads who were there flying their model gliders were well entertained...
Ivanhoe Beaccon - that brought some memories. Late 60s, as a young RAF apprentice, with no money,we often used to run to the beacon from Halton on Sundays to ‘entertain’ ourselves.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ivanhoe Beaccon - that brought some memories. Late 60s, as a young RAF apprentice, with no money,we often used to run to the beacon from Halton on Sundays to ‘entertain’ ourselves.

Think you'd still recognise the place... Hasn't changed that much over the many years we've been visiting... And, it's still 'breezy' even on calm days...

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Seeing my team at work beginning to blossom and getting a fantastic reputation for themselves. They've needed precious little managing and have thrived under their own steam. Pleased to see, especially one of the older ladies who is not so strong PC skills wise grasping the nettle and working hard at learning some of the new tasks we're implementing. Got a new lady joining next month and hoping she'll complete the jigsaw. Very happy