The world has gone mad.

C&R

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My knowledge of history is insufficient, I realize, but I'm not aware of any period throughout human history that was not characterized by acute madness.

Adjustable ball marker?

How about electing Donald Trump to the Presidency of the Untied States?
bore off Maybe Hilary Clinton would be a better president. War monger

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My putting coach got me to try one of these a few months ago. Too difficult to line up in my opinion and quickly decided it was not for me.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Trump is the same age as my mum and to be fair she gets a lot of things wrong now it’s her age. Trump is no different but he is running the United States Of America. Maybe there is hope for my Mum, I am sure she could run Scotland, she would have had all them all wearing face masks last month.

Trump and your mom are the same age as I.
Three American presidents were born just a few weeks apart from one another. Then I came a couple of months later.

Clinton was elected back in 1992.
Bush II was elected in 2000.
Then we got a brief respite with the younger Obama in 2008. He's our only "younger than I" president.
Then the present idiot-in-chief was elected in 2016.

1946 was a bad year for presidents and golfers alike, apparently.

By the way, if Joe Biden can knock the present idiot off this year, he'll be OLDER than the president elected in 1992.
Joe was born during the war in 1942. And the guy that I supported, Bernie Sanders, was born in 1941.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Trump and your mom are the same age as I.
Three American presidents were born just a few weeks apart from one another. Then I came a couple of months later.

Clinton was elected back in 1992.
Bush II was elected in 2000.
Then we got a brief respite with the younger Obama in 2008. He's our only "younger than I" president.
Then the present idiot-in-chief was elected in 2016.

1946 was a bad year for presidents and golfers alike, apparently.

By the way, if Joe Biden can knock the present idiot off this year, he'll be OLDER than the president elected in 1992.
Joe was born during the war in 1942. And the guy that I supported, Bernie Sanders, was born in 1941.

Does Biden play golf and spend ages lining up his putts?

Just looking for the political connection with the thread topic

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
The only way Id have one of these is if it was bought for me as a present - and Id leave it at home.

Unless there's a significant amount of dirt or I'm in someones way I never mark the ball anyway.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I am sure the idea is pretty sound, and not stupid at all.

I am equally sure the implementation of it is the problem, in terms of time, and faffing about.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I use a line on my ball when putting and so the idea is appealing - but £25 for something the would cost no more than 2 or 3 to manufacture ........

Visit site
For all those players think that using a line to line up is a faff and slows down the game, then from what I can see with this is that the markings are to match up with each other which will make the long line on the ball centralised.
Those who have tried a line and can’t get on with it maybe because of a visual perception, in that when addressing the ball the line may not look central when in fact it may well be, that could well be a postural issue.
If anyone whose gone through an Edel putting fitting would go through a test where balls are equally spaced out in a straight line then look down the line with their address position and they either see, a straight line, a curve to the left or to the right.
So this simply allows you to aim the marker to the line you want to start your ball on and to make sure that the top line like I said earlier, central.

And before anyone says it, I’m NOT affiliated to this product.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Dear oh dear. You still have the exact same problem that people have with alignment markings now, which is if you change your mind you have to get the marker back out, set it down, move the ball again - instead of just adjust and hit. People really do make a meal out of putting. I think it's a lot simpler than some let on.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
eople really do make a meal out of putting. I think it's a lot simpler than some let on.

It is simple 5 step process.

1. Pick a line
2. Pick a spot 6 inches on front of your ball on that line
3. Line up body and putter to that spot.
4. Feel the pace
5. Hit the putt.

Anything you add to that is searching for marginal gains, which might be a shot or two over a round.

The potential shot or two is why people put the effort in as it could be the difference between a handicap cut, win etc or not.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
I've been putting with a line on the ball in the back garden (I've got an artificial putting green), and I have found results more successful than without one. I find that once you pick your putting line, you match it up with the line on your ball, and then once your body and putter head is set up to that, you only need to worry about pace and nothing else.

I reckon it will add on time to my putting, but I also think this is offset by making those extra putts. We'll have to see when I can get out on to the course whether it works...

As for this marker - I saw it a couple of months ago, and I don't think it will save much time. I also think for £25, it really isn't worth 'giving it a go'. If it were a fiver, maybe I would try it.