The Warwickshire

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played both courses and they're good for the area, which isn't blessed with many good courses.
Can get wet if the weather is wet, which is true for most courses in the area, the Midlands clay belt.
Caters well for visitors and societies.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
A good mate is a member. I played it with him and two other best mates a few years ago and recall that I did enjoy it - though maybe that’s down to being with my three besties. Don’t recall the course we played and to be honest nothing extraordinary is stuck in my mind about it, what I remember is that as a relatively new ‘corporate-type’ course it was nothing like my own very traditional track. But I do recall an enjoyable knock and the facilities were excellent.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Does anyone have experience of the course? Thanks!

Been a while since i played it, originally 4 loops of 9 so they could mix and match them but I think they now just have two distinct courses. Some nice holes over water, and some through tree lined sections. Always used to feel quite long and more American style with some of the walks between tees but always enjoyed it.

Agree it always got a bit wet in the winter but I expect they've worked on drainage.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
decent in the fine weather with big greens, wellies a must in the winter and deep diving mask for plugged balls.

100% worth doing both loops at the right price

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
I know it only be walking over it on public paths.
It's an American style artificial layout.
You would need to play it when it's dried out.

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Had a 2 night break there last year.

Played the Kings twice and the Earls once.
Would do it the other way around next time.

Food in the hotel was meh - only downside really.

Pool / Spa facilities good if you stay.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I’ve played both courses a couple of times, although not for a while. I enjoyed them, but they were merely nice - nothing in particular stood out. I do agree they get very wet.

Worth a visit depending on price.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
We did our golf weekend there is 2021, I liked the courses, (it was dry when we played), the bar by the courses was good, as were the rooms. It's a drive from the hotel to the golf, and from memory the bar at the hotel was pretty small, I can't comment on the food as we watched the end of the Lions game at the course, and got back to the hotel well after they wanted us to eat, but I don't recall anyone complaining.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Thanks all. Think it's about £250 for 2 rounds and 1 night..

In all honesty, I think that’s expensive for that venue. One of our annual trips is an overnight stay at a resort venue with two courses, dinner, bed and breakfast included. We have played far better venues than The Warwickshire and haven’t paid anywhere near £250.

Teebs

Visit site
It does feel expensive. I can do a round at Ganton & Woodhall Spa for less money and I'm not really bothered so much about a 'lads' weekend away given I don't drink.

Thanks all, appreciate the feedback.

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Recently had this quote from YGT for Hawkstone.

Much better value.

Your group will tee off at 13.00 and 13.10 on the Hawkstone Course, on Sunday 17th September 2023.

Your second round will be at 09.40 and 09.50 on the Championship Course, on Monday 18th September 2023.

09.30 on the Championship Course on Monday 18th September 2023, is also available.

Please again note that the tee times quoted on Monday 18th September 2023, are the last remaining tee times available for these dates.

Your group will dine at 19.00 on Sunday 17th September 2023.

The total price based on twin occupancy for one night, two rounds, dinner, bed and breakfast will be £165pp.

We've not gone ahead with it as too many of us are unavailable during Sept.