"The Rookie"

Don Barzini

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've been watching this with interest whenever it appears on my Facebook feed. Just watched the penultimate episode where he practices the hole he's going to be playing on. He and his coach then did a challenge at the end where they both played it. Both of them got par!

If he can hold his nerve with all the spectators around, he's got a chance.

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It was set for the Pro-AM on Wed of last week at the Made in Denmark event. I tried to find anything I could about it last Thursday... nothing online.

Maybe there was a lack of interest so they never bothered? You'd think they'd get the video up ASAP?

Don Barzini

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It was set for the Pro-AM on Wed of last week at the Made in Denmark event. I tried to find anything I could about it last Thursday... nothing online.

Maybe there was a lack of interest so they never bothered? You'd think they'd get the video up ASAP?

On the Ecco Golf FB page, someone asked the question about when the video would be up. The reply was "It will be posted next week". This was on 25th August, so could be any time now I suppose.

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Well i'm not going to hold my breath for this,good grief just ONE hole a par 3 :rolleyes:,over 9 would have been interesting but litteraly anything can happen over just one hole.

Don Barzini

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Well i'm not going to hold my breath for this,good grief just ONE hole a par 3 :rolleyes:,over 9 would have been interesting but litteraly anything can happen over just one hole.

Surely that's the point?

The challenger is a complete rookie (or was a few months ago). Over 9 holes he'd get totally destroyed by a pro, but on just one hole he's got a chance.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Agreed. I do think that a video of Lasse playing 9 holes or highlights of a full 18 would be good... to see if a total novice can break 110 / 100 / 90 etc.

I think a video of nine holes with Bjorn coaching/caddying him would be more interesting than just a chopper hacking round. Heck I could stick a video up of that (no wait, think I have)

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think a video of nine holes with Bjorn coaching/caddying him would be more interesting than just a chopper hacking round. Heck I could stick a video up of that (no wait, think I have)

Lol! Yes, I thought maybe 9 holes with the pro who had taught him, but with Bjorn would be even better. Seems a shame that he's gone through months of practice and won't play more than one hole on video!

Hey... maybe you could contact him, get him a guest slot on your channel?

Although, you'd have to ditch the FJ shoes for some Ecco ones... :D

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Lol! Yes, I thought maybe 9 holes with the pro who had taught him, but with Bjorn would be even better. Seems a shame that he's gone through months of practice and won't play more than one hole on video!

Hey... maybe you could contact him, get him a guest slot on your channel?

Although, you'd have to ditch the FJ shoes for some Ecco ones... :D

It was going so well until that last sentence

Don Barzini

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Suddenly just remembered about this today. Just watched the final video.

Wont spoil it for those who may not have seen it. But thought it was a good ending to the series!