The Member-Three Guest Tournaments

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Four of us from the Andover Country Club, the Haverhill Country Club, the Wentworth by the Sea Country Club, and my own golf and racquet club reciprocate "member-three guest" invitations each year.

Some years, those are the only three rounds that I get to play away from my home track. I don't get to bring my clubs on holiday (I like using that word instead of vacation) because milady doesn't play.
There was a beautiful little open-to-the-public executive course in Middleton, Massachusetts that I could easily play walking with a light bag. I looked forward to that at least a couple of times each summer,
but the owner just sold it to developers as house lots. That's been happening all too much lately as property becomes too valuable to be enjoyed for golf. Over the decades, land went from farms and orchards to golf courses to house lots. Our game is not growing.

Do most of you good people get to move it around a little bit? I play almost every weekday morning of the short New England golf season at my own club, but don't get to wander much.

Diamond

Visit site
Started golf lessons in the summer. Played my first round ever in September. Since then played 12 courses. Playing another 2 this weekend albeit 9 holes each. One I haven’t played before so it will be my 13th course.
Some clubs have offered me courtesy rounds but I have paid anything from £10 for 9 holes to £34 for 28 holes.
I have joined 2 golf society’s and will also Join one of the local clubs before March.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I guess that I am lucky in the courses I get to play. Over the years I have made some really good friends who just happen to be members of some of the best courses in this part of the world. My Brother in Law is a member at Gleneagles and I also have good friends who are members at Carnoustie, St Andrews, Gullane, Dunbar and Monifeith all of which I will play several times a year.
We also have a Seniors Section at Blairgowrie and we have home/away matches at courses such as Muirfield, Royal Aberdeen, Royal Burgess and Western Gales.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
a few, i'm a mamber as two clubs and 3 in winter, so those reg, then i have a few friends at other clubs so play most of the local courses quite a bit and the odd open comp. get a few trips in to other courses in Scotland as well

D

Deleted member 23344

I’ve played 70 courses in the 10 years I’ve been playing and probably play my home course, and other courses, on an equal basis. My course has five reciprocals dotted around SE England and West Sussex has numerous courses as well. I have several friends who are members at other courses, so we alternate ... and one has an appartment at Vilamoura! Also, two friends and I annually go off somewhere in England where we have never been and play three courses over three days. Last of all, when my wife and I go abroad for some winter sun, I get a day off to play a local course with hire clubs. I really like my home course, but I love playing a new course for the first time.