The links effect GM page 159

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Just read the article in question writen by Malcolm Campbell where he states that 170 courses in the world are 'true links courses' and indeed goes into the criteria he suggest makes a 'true links course'.
It would be helpful if the Links Association website were quoted somewhere in the article so people could check to see if the courses they consider 'Links' were indeed true links courses.
I consider my home club as a True Links but wonder if it is one of the 170 in the world...it has all 3 elements mentioned in the article,the history of a venerable club,indelibly inscribed honours boards,and old old silverware,the connection with the sea.the free draining soil and indigenous grasses and lastly the need for 'creative shotmaking'......would be very interesting to see the clubs listed to back up the sustance of this article so can any of the GM team point me in the right direction please?

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Hi Dodger

the links association website will be live soon - when it does I understand it will list the clubs it considers to be 'true links'

best