The Hulk...... errr Bryson Deschambau

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Thing is Rose won the Farmers in February last year with the Honma equipment. So I'm sure that would / should have eliminated any doubts. And it would have probably stopped any questions about the equipment, that is always likely add to the pressure or provide a bit of uncertainty.

The other big profile equipment change I think of is obviously Rory to Nike. At the time he was winning majors and I think was world no. 1. And in my view, it added pressure that he didn't need. One or two quiet weeks turns the pressure up and suddenly a season has gone by and he's barely been near a major.

I don't think that happened with Rose. He was just on top form in 2018 and it was always likely he would have a dip or some elements of his game would fall out of sync and need a bit of work.
Thing is though lots of players have changed equipment and not always found the grass greener and moved back or on to another manufacturer. As for Bryson, there has to be room for the unconventional. This Golf World video (bit old) shows that clearly