The Golf Club 2

Lazkir

Head Pro
Visit site
I have TGC2 on pc, but it's only £4.99 on Xbox for the next 4 days. Not sure if PC and Xbox versions are cross platform compatible though so going to buy the Xbox version as well.
I assume this is the one we're all playing?

Someone needs to set up a Golf Monthly online society.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Only played the 1 round so far and putting is hard, the rest is fairly simple but just like in real life, I struggle around the greens
Yeah when I first got it full shots were quite easy to grasp, but chipping and putting take a long time to master. Only tips I could offer are:
Putting - make sure you always check what the green speed is set to before you start the round. As the difference between 'very fast' and 'medium' is huge, so if you don't you'll be scratching your head wondering why you left everything short one round and putted it off the green the next.
Chipping - always use the flop if possible, it's the most reliable technique for getting it close, just add loads of loft and aim it straight at the pin. If you have to use 'chip' instead, then again make sure you add quite a bit of loft so it doesn't run miles past. I never use the 8 iron, 9 iron chip because I can't judge them at all. :LOL: If you're far enough away for that I just use the LW flop and take a bit off it by going 'slow' deliberately on the transition.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hoping the postman brings my copy of 2019 today. Was hoping to play the Masters with some mates this weekend and posting 4 rounds each.
If you want to play at Augusta you'll have to do a bit of online research as to what people are calling it. I think they shut down anything called 'Augusta' because of trademark/copyright nonsense so people who have created the course have to name it something else. Not sure what they're on as at the moment.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have TGC2 on pc, but it's only £4.99 on Xbox for the next 4 days. Not sure if PC and Xbox versions are cross platform compatible though so going to buy the Xbox version as well.
I assume this is the one we're all playing?

Someone needs to set up a Golf Monthly online society.
I think people are more likely to be on TGC19 actually. I bought it on PS4 nearly a year ago when it was on special offer at £16.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
If you want to play at Augusta you'll have to do a bit of online research as to what people are calling it. I think they shut down anything called 'Augusta' because of trademark/copyright nonsense so people who have created the course have to name it something else. Not sure what they're on as at the moment.

Firethorn