The English medias kiss of death on Theo and England

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
I enjoyed watching the England game last night and was pleasantly surprised by the realistic reviews on the radio this morning but tonight I turned on the ITN news and Mark Austin declares that after the break 'WE WILL TELL YOU WHAT MAKES THEO SO SPECIAL' ..... This is why we burst our knitting up here. Yes he played well and took his goals well, I was also pleased to see Rooney bag one too but why do the London based media feel it is necessary to pile [****] loads of pressure and coverage on his young shoulders.I mean, of all the stuff going on in the world and News at ten spend tinme on a guy who scored 3 goals. I am sure Wenger will be shaking his head in apathy as he has tried to keep the kid out of the papers and away from the limelight. Seiously well done lads, but please give the media a kick up the arse and tell them to find REAL news !!!!!!!!!

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
The media has ever been British sports worst enemy.

(I know the English print media is really bad but I'm afraid Scottish sports broadcasting must take its bows. The way some of the commentators wax lyrical over a ball bundled into the net after a muddy goal mouth scramble is a wonder to behold.)

big_russ

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Its going to take more than one half decent display and result to make me and i would imagine a great proportion of other England "fans" change our opinions.
The only trouble is if England loose the next game the press will be all over them like a rash, telling us they players are unfit to wear the shirt. There is never any middle ground with the press, its always either all or nothing.