The EGU's recent Amended Guidance on returning NQ scores

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So differences between 1st & 2nd guidance s are as far as I can see.....The Amended wording has....

specified its NQ Comps away from Home Club
added Foursome's to the formats excluded
removed the suggestion that regular Club roll-ups should be Q (could have applied to our 'Stay & Play)
removed the conditions of Roll-ups being a 'measured course under Comp playing conditions' (so, includes shortened course with 'gimme's'?)....gonna be 'here-say, isn't it?

SO...... does that mean.....
# 'measured course under Comp playing conditions' doesn't apply
# are MatchPlays still in
# Does it include rounds played out-side of UK & such as Trilby & Race to Dubei?

The measure is much needed but, like the consecutive 7 x 0.1's still unclear.

What you think??

D

Deleted member 16999

I believe it's a step in the right direction, but like you say there's still some confusion that needs clarifying.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
I believe it's a step in the right direction, but like you say there's still some confusion that needs clarifying.

I agree it's all still quite confusing to me.

I hope that GM could run a feature in the mag or online to help simplify. Perhaps an FAQ with lots of examples as well. 😌

D

Deleted member 15344

The amendment removes the need to have rolls up using competition conditions as a qualifier

Basically it's saying that people can put their scores into any system they use for for the HC committee to be used at AR

So what I have done is ask if anyone wants to use their scorecard from a roll up to be included into the AR that they enter a Personal Scorecard into IG and then email the HC committee

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
So we're saying that unlike a comp or supplementary you won't have to declare them before you play?

D

Deleted member 15344

So we're saying that unlike a comp or supplementary you won't have to declare them before you play?

But the card put in won't affect the HC immediately and only to be used at AR time

Farmergeddon

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Anybody know how this is going to work in practise?? We play around a dozen seniors opens a year, often starting early and getting away long before the end of the event so how will we get our cards then?? Will the officiating club send them on??? Has anyone looked into what this all will mean for the handicap sec? there are loads of groups like us playing all around the northern clubs this will create hundreds nay thousands of cards to be processed we may need to make the post full time.. And dont get me started on roll ups, I run two during a week and up to now I spend a couple of hours after each doing the numbers (they roll on throughout the year) so now I have to remember who,s cards I should put in or not... AND on top of that the finish of our secretaries note says "[FONT=&quot]There are sanctions available for non-compliance which we would hope never to have to use but any failure to comply could result in the suspension or loss of handicap." So now I cant enjoy a quiet game with my mates without being threatened with suspension all to catch a few guys who everyone knows play the system its ridiculous.[/FONT]