The Cheltenham Festival

• Thread starter Deleted member 1740
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1740

This week is my favourite week of the year when it comes to punting and hopefully tomorrow is the day we take the bookies to the cleaners!!

I can't see past the 4 favs for the 4 main races and if they oblige It'll be a great start to the week.

The Champion Hurdle is looking like a great race with Faugheen, The New One, Jezki and my old favourite Hurricane Fly.

2 past winners with the latter two,TNO was very unlucky last year after being hampered but made up ground like I've never seen before and Faugheen can be anything.

I can't wait!!!

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I will be watching bits as and when i can, would like to go one year but as for backing anything, maybe a few quid here and there but nowt more.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Love the festival will be watching but not betting.
I used to go a lot in the early 90s when I was a compulsive gambler.
Even got to see the great Dessie close up.

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
Great start for the punters! I'm on all 4 faves as singles, 3x trebles and a 4 way. 2/2 in, 2 more to go

9 points on for a possible 52 point return if my dodgy maths is correct! 1 out of the 2 needed to go into profit. Love Cheltenham!

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
3/4 in - Faugheen the machine! Bet365 are offering me to cash out for 4.5x original stake. Or I could let it ride for 6.8x original stake. Aaaaah decisions! Either way I am 2x up so I'm leaning toward leaving it, plus Annie Power is the biggest fave of the day...

Break90

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Gutted, biggest bet of the day and Annie Power decides to try to jump through the last instead of over it...........

more swear words

still, will be playing with paddy powers money for most of the rest of the week,so not all bad

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
A truly magnificent face plant!! I am just glad i had Polly P e/w in my lucky 15 which turned in 20 points profit.

The bookies will claw back their early losses! Tomorrow looks a lot tougher as a punter!!

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Made the truly cardinal error of mentally spending my winnings with Annie Power cruising up to the last.......still been a decent start to the festival however it could have been immense!

peterlav

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I had the 4 fancied horses in a straight accumulator, counting my money as Annie Power was cruising to the last, still sat here not quite believing what happened.

The winnings were to pay my Golf Club Fees, absolutely gutted!!!!!!

D

Deleted member 1740

I had the 4 fancied horses in a straight accumulator, counting my money as Annie Power was cruising to the last, still sat here not quite believing what happened.

The winnings were to pay my Golf Club Fees, absolutely gutted!!!!!!

I'm with you there Pete.

I can't believe what happened today absolutely devastating.

Yankee with all 4 ruined, a 4 fold ruined, a UDS/AP double ruined. Gutted.

On a side note, I thought Douvan was immense, UDS made all and showed its class and Faugheen was impeccable.

A great days spectacle regardless.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
have to laugh when 3 out of 4 short favs win yet the fav backers still arent happy

Fundy, for most of us it wasn't really worth backing them singly so you stick them in an accumulator. Sadly that means that with the final one not winning it means you take nothing.....

D

Deleted member 1740

Maybe you'll learn that 4fold and upwards accas arent the best option.....

I agree multiple bets are "mug" bets but when looking at the cards for those four races, those four horses were the best bet. Unfortunately they weren't workman prices.

When you watch how Annie Power ran the race, it was almost perfect but that's jump racing.