The Berkshire Red 20th March

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
My golf society, the Mariners, are playing the Berkshire again this year on the 20th March. It will be on the Red Course which is the one with six par 3's, 4's and 5's. Probably most golfers favourite out of the two Berkshire courses.

The deal this year is £100, which includes bacon rolls on arrival, 18 holes individual stableford, and most importantly the full three course lunch ! Prizes are also included in the deal. A round at The Berkshire is normally £150 plus, and the food would take the cost nearer £200, so this is a great deal. tee times will be around 0800 - 0900.

If you would like to play, put your name down on this thread. Monies will be collected on the day, but if you do have to pull out as much notice as possible will be appreciated. i imagine we there will be about 10 spaces for forumers, so get your name down quickly.

There are quite a few forumers in the Mariners, and I imagine quite a few will be playing, so there will be plenty of friendly faces. The Mariners are quite friendly as well !!

You will need a jacket and tie for the lunch.

Any queries please ask.

D

Deleted member 17920

Rich was it the blue course we played last year?
It was the blue course we played last time.

I can’t do The Berkshire this year as I have to work that day😱

D

Deleted member 17920

I realised that after I posted it but was hoping no one would notice 😳
Sorry glyn 🤦‍♂️
I know my game at West Hill with you wasn’t great due to my great golf but come on Sam, try not to make it so obvious you was relieved when I said I couldn’t go 😂😂😂😂😂

Last edited by a moderator:

sam85

Head Pro
Visit site
I know my game at West Hill with you wasn’t great due to my great golf but come on Sam, try not to make it so obvious you was relieved when I said I couldn’t go 😂😂😂😂😂

Haha how could I forget that day, me walking 500 yards on a 260 par 4 and you making one of the best birdies I've seen from behind a tree!!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Sadly I am out. I should be attending my fil funeral but I will be several 1000 miles away, on business in China. Bit of a diary clash on the 20th.

Homer

Visit site
The need for mats on fairways on the golf courses at The Berkshire. Might be off by then but I doubt it - lots of holes and lots of sand. Greens great and still good fun and totally playable. Non Qualifier tho I suspect!