That's more like it!

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
At last!

England have played a good game of football. I didn't hold much hope for them against the Croatians, but they certainly came out and played.
Watched it on Setanta, quite a feast as England put 4 (5 if you count the disallowed goal) past the Croation goalie.

Croatia were down to 10 after a challenge left Joe Cole ko'd with a 4" gash on his head.

No doubt we'll be down as a serious threat to lift the World Cup now by the media. :(

A good game none the less, and good to see England play well for the first time in ages. :)

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Would like to have seen it but no Setanta at home or in local pubs.

Have heard a rumour that Setanta have caved in and are showing free highlights at 11.30 so will try that.

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
England did do well I must admit, but didnt they do great when they beat germany 5-1 then fluffed it when it really mattered? Ive lost a lot of faith in recent yrs, I need to see them make a mark when it matters this time round.No silly messing around, just get out there and beat everyone.

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well done indeed England. Didn't see the game (working), but apparently they played very well.
We can only hope for our sakes (and theirs) that the press don't start bumming them up as world-beaters now.

PS> We won as well. :cool:

Good results for the irish too, But unlucky wales. :(

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
A great result indeed and a great peformance.

It shows how lacking we were in terms of real pace on the pitch, as he is a gooner it pains me to say this but walcott looks like sheer quality and on that form will do fantastic things for england.

I worry though now that oppo defences are going to be kicking lumps out of him from the off.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
for once having Setanta was a bonus. There were periods in that game where we were as good as anyone. Don't know what happened to give them the drive to play for 90 mins (except when they let Croatia score - silly) instead of the usual 20. Whatever it was keep it coming.