That annoying fold down advert???

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is there any way of disabling the annoying advert so it doesn't fold down and cover the post I'm trying to read? (it's done it twice while I've been writing this!!!)

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Adblock!

Wouldn't normally use it on a site where it's helping to 'sponsor' rather than 'profit from' (???). But there are far too many annoying ones, so the 'reasonable' ones suffer!

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Its a pain in the butt; so I turn it off - so the sponsor would be better of if it was more discreet at least there's a chance it might get viewed.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Doing my head in.
But I don't want to say too much in case it jeopardizes my chances of a future fitting opportunity.
In fact, on second thoughts.... I love these new drop down ads.
:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think it is worth GM talking to sponsors when they are arranging adverts to give advice on what works and what irritates, perhaps they do and it just gets ignored. The current TM advert folds down and annoys, I gave up being on the forum one night as I could not use my tablet as the fold down was constant no matter how often I closed it. Whenever an advertiser does a fold down down advert it always gets a thread with complaints and that can't be what they are after.

Had the banner remained unfolded I think it looks very smart and works well. Keep banners, stop them unfolding.