Taylormade r11 driver

Ulverstoner

Visit site
Hello there folks I hope you can help me!
I recently purchased an r11 driver and I cannot hit it for toffee, upon comparing my old cheap driver to the r11 I have noticed the shaft and face angle are very different to my old driver and look almost straight is this common? My old driver when placed on the ground needed the shaft leaning in front of the ball to make the head face look straight due to the angle of the head, this old driver I was getting ok at hitting but changing to this r11 I just can’t hit it, is it my old driver that is odd or my new(to me) r11 that is strange? I had one hit with my friends king cobra and had no trouble at all this was my only decent driver hit of the day so I’m guessing his club had this angle built in which my r11 does not. Any help or insight into this would be most helpful as I’m thinking now do I just ditch the r11 and go back to my old club which incidentally is a p of crap but I can at least hit the thing? 😭😭😭😭

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Sounds like the loft on your R11 is much lower, making it a lot harder to hit, particularly to get any height on it. It should say on the head 9.5º or something similar. If it does, and the figure on your old driver says something higher, say 12º, then this is the answer.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What is it set to.

Turn the head upside down and check what the adapter says compared to being lined up with the serial number and small arrow.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It sounds to me like your old driver has an offset head ,these were very popular a while ago but havnt seen one for years.
These wer marketed as anti slice woods.
If it’s not that then it might be the loft is just to strong on the r11.
Check the head carefully for any cracks this has a big effect on strike.