Taylormade M4 fairway

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Anyone gaming one of these at the moment ??

I'm having a serious confidence crisis with my 915 fairway, never struck it well tbh but being a Titleist fanboy I've stuck with it but I really need to get a 3 wood in play that I can fairway find from the tee and the M4 seems to get really good reviews.

D

Deleted member 15344

Anyone gaming one of these at the moment ??

I'm having a serious confidence crisis with my 915 fairway, never struck it well tbh but being a Titleist fanboy I've stuck with it but I really need to get a 3 wood in play that I can fairway find from the tee and the M4 seems to get really good reviews.

Gaming !!??:eek:

I play with one - have the 3 wood and its superb goes like a rocket and seem to be able to control it very well

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Ye gaming....even when I typed that I thought :unsure::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: and still decided to post it :sleep:

What loft is yours LP, I don't particularly want it going miles believe it or not so thinking the 16.5 HL

D

Deleted member 15344

Ye gaming....even when I typed that I thought :unsure::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: and still decided to post it :sleep:

What loft is yours LP, I don't particularly want it going miles believe it or not so thinking the 16.5 HL
Standard 15 3 wood

Used to have a HL in the RBZ and it was very good - the HL are really good for people that struggle a little with the standard 3 wood off the tee

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Had a few hits of the new TS2 3 woods HL and felt really good but at £290 it's not happening, the M4 can be had 2nd hand for £140ish.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
got one when they came out, went fine on the LM but went no where on the course, lasted a couple of rounds. Mine had the Russ Abbot shaft it, which just launched high with little run even on a links. switched the shaft for an Adila Tour Green, and its much better but not really put it back in the bag... the Mizuno JPX850 with the Motore speeder shaft still takes some beating

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I have a 16.5 high launch 3 wood and 21 high launch 5 wood with evenflow blue shafts.
Best woods I have had they are really good.
Did have the driver but didn’t get on with that but fairways are excellent.
The launch is kept in check by the shaft a bit.

Very easy to hit and consistent distance is what I wanted.
I am not the best with woods of the deck but these are easy to hit.

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
In a strange twist of fate, I ripped my Titleist 915 fairway off the tee this morning on the three occasions I used it , which is concludes the obvious, it's the Indian not the arrow so any M4 will be put on hold til this thing stops behaving again.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Took the m4 with the adila tour green shaft in for a spin on sunday, much better without that Russ Abbot shaft in, prob goes about the same distance as the Mizuno, but the Mizzy has the advantage of being able to change the loft, so will prob stick with that for the time being

merv79

Head Pro
www.ferndowngolfclub.co.uk
One thing I was made aware of with the M4 is the lie angle which is quite different to the M2 (and maybe different to other clubs too although I haven't investigated any further yet) so this is worth considering.