Take That are amazing !!!

Gustavo

Head Pro
Visit site
Now, I hope I've got your attention.

I went to see Take That in the Millenium Stadium last night, and it was the best show I've ever been to ! Not the best gig, the best show. Everything about it was class, the attitude of those four guys was spot on, funny friendly and obviously talented. The production of the Circus tour was breathtaking, from hire-wire acts walking the length of the pitch above the crows, a giant elephant walking around with the band on the top of it singing one of their hits , I could go on and on saying positive things, but there are too many.

A bonus was the crowd, 99% excitable women. Even the men (including me) were singing along to every song and having an absolute ball.

Well done Take That, I'll definitely go again.

P.S. I do not have any closet to come out of.

P.P.S I hope the knob Robbie never re-joins the group.

minty18

Tour Rookie
Visit site
sorry, didnt realise I was on GayMonthly!

Just kidding mate, the mrs went to a take that gig a couple of years ago and said it was the best she'd been to!

iwtuk

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm dead jealous Gustavo!

My brother has tickets to see them next month at Wembley and the fecker didn't even think to get me one! Sounds like it was a great evening. Did they perform "in the round", as it were, or at one end of the stadium, by the way?

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I must have missed something over the years as I have never considered any boy band amazing, as for 'Take That' I often thought they were taking something or other from behind............the scenes.

Boy band, take a bunch of youngsters, teach them a few dance moves, teach them to sing properly, make sure enough little girls scream when they see them, then get some good writers to help their success trail.

I just dont see how that equates to amazing?
Queen are amazing, brilliant musicians in their own right, brilliant writers in their own right, brilliant live performers, Long lasting and copied the world over to this day and beyond, they are an example that would fit the 'amazing' catagory, not a boy band. :D

Gustavo

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm dead jealous Gustavo!

My brother has tickets to see them next month at Wembley and the fecker didn't even think to get me one! Sounds like it was a great evening. Did they perform "in the round", as it were, or at one end of the stadium, by the way?

Yes mate, they had a stage in the middle of the pitch of whichthey opened the concert in, then rode on a big elephant to the main stage/circus tent thingy, loads of acrobats, trapeze type stuff etc, then back and fore to the middle of the stage. The Mrs and I were right in the middle by the centre stage, she was drooling at Gary Barlow for most of the concert.

I have no explanation for as to why I enjoyed myself so much, I've been to hundreds and hundreds of gigs and shows over the last 20 years, and Take That last night was THE best show I have ever been to. Great fun, everyone in the stadium was buzzing, grinning from ear to ear on the way out.

The front page of our local paper has 'Take That - The Greatest Show on Earth !

Seriously, read the review - http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-...91466-23895092/

Gary Go and James Morrison were the support acts.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I've seen the elephant thing on Jonathan Ross last Friday when they were on and he showed clips from a recent concert. It did look pretty good although for me the best show would have to be either Floyd or Genesis both at Earls Court.

For showman I think you'll have to go a long way to beat Meatloaf in his prime and dare I say this, Elton John

Gustavo

Head Pro
Visit site
Yes Homer, I'd agree with that, Elton was amazing as well.

Saw him in Cardiff about 4 years ago, played all his hits, everyone was out of their seats dancing and singing along.

Apparently everyone was supposed to stay seated or he'd have a wobbly, but he was encouraging evryone to get involved and even invited people to come down to the front for a dance, I got to shake his hand.

I would have loved to have seen Pink Floyd, only ever seen them on the TV, always blows my mind how good they are.

Imagine being David Gilmour, knowing that every day you wake up you can just pick up your guitar and make it do what he can do. Genius.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've seen the elephant thing on Jonathan Ross last Friday when they were on and he showed clips from a recent concert. It did look pretty good although for me the best show would have to be either Floyd or Genesis both at Earls Court.

For showman I think you'll have to go a long way to beat Meatloaf in his prime and dare I say this, Elton John

One of my biggest regrets,(music wise), is never having seen Pink Floyd in concert. A good friend of mine has seen them a few times, and still goes to concerts, said that they are THE best live band.

The Earls Court gig you were talking about Homer, is that the one where, Pink Floyd were playing a number and at the exact time when the song went quiet, the Red Arrows roared over, now that's amazing!

I quite like Take That, with their catchy pop tunes, but all the razzmatazz that goes with their concerts these days reminds me of the Bond movies, each one has to have better and more spectacular special effects, leaving the story lines seemingly more and more as an afterthought.

Golfmmad.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The Earls Court gig was the Pulse tour. I had great seats and the effects, the music and the atmosphere was electric. For utter showmanship though, Meatloaf in his pomp knew how to work a crowd and add in such a great catalogue of songs too it made for a brilliant evening. I'll never forget the first time I saw him at Wembley around 83 and he came on riding the big Harley from the Bat out of Hell video

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I saw Meatloaf in 95-96 at Wembley and although 15-16 years later, he could still belt out the numbers keeping everybody on their toes and dancing in the aisles.

But for me, the ultimate showman is the late great Freddie Mercury of Queen, the best frontman and entertainer ever.

He didn't need too many effects, just his personna and sheer stage presence was enough.

Golfmmad.

Gustavo

Head Pro
Visit site
Was that the 'It's a Kind of Magic' tour ? If so I'm jealous agin Homer, you've certainly been to some of THE gigs of the last 20 or so years (not trying to make you feel old the day after your Birthday !).

I was a bit young to have gone to that, but in retrospect, watching videos, dvd's etc of the gig - you have to agree that Freddie Mercury was probably the best ever front man of a band from these shores.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I've down pretty well over the years (Live Aid, Queen, Dire Straits, Floyd, Genesis, Meat Loaf). They were pretty much the groups I listened to most. I'd always wanted to see Fleetwood Mac and they're now touring (sadly without Christine McVie but with Stevie Nicks) so I'm looking forward to that.

I was never a big U2, Michael Jackson or Stones fan so those big gigs in the 80's and 90's (and 00's with U2) left me cold.

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I've down pretty well over the years (Live Aid, Queen, Dire Straits, Floyd, Genesis, Meat Loaf). They were pretty much the groups I listened to most.
I'd always wanted to see Fleetwood Mac and they're now touring (sadly without Christine McVie but with Stevie Nicks) so I'm looking forward to that.

Where / when are they playing ? Young Mrs CH would kill for a couple of those tickets.

MarkE

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The wife and daughter are due to see them at Wembley and can't wait. Not my kind of thing but I must admit they know how to entertain their fans.

I'm a metal fan myself. Saw Metallica at O2 a few weeks back.Awesome.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Went to Hampden Park to see them last night with HID what a show from the minute The Script came on (these guys are amazing live) to the last minute it was amazing the elephant was superb the clowns on stilts ,the clown stuck up in the ballon superb an absolute cracking sho well worth the money . Only downside hordes of druken women making an arse of themselves falling about trying to pick fights and throwing up , quality. :)