Tablet recommendation BUT not iPad

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm looking for a cheap tablet for my Mrs that will play media players (skygo, iplayer etc) and has around 16gb storage. The main purpose will be to download some content from SkyGo and Netflix to watch whilst travelling on a plane.

Any recommendations, thinking up to around £80 ma?

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
Asus Z380M has decent storage and performance, supports the latest android version. Both my kids have 1 cost is around £100 from PC World.

I spent ages looking for a reasonably priced replacement for my kids hudl 2's when they kicked the bucket. My dad bought my youngest a Kindle Fire and they are crap like apple you are stuck to the amazon store and the limits that brings.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Asus Z380M has decent storage and performance, supports the latest android version. Both my kids have 1 cost is around £100 from PC World.

I spent ages looking for a reasonably priced replacement for my kids hudl 2's when they kicked the bucket. My dad bought my youngest a Kindle Fire and they are crap like apple you are stuck to the amazon store and the limits that brings.

http://lifehacker.com/how-to-get-google-play-on-a-kindle-fire-and-install-any-1790706649

G

guest100718

The amazon ones can be a bit restrictive on what you can install.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
If just for those two then anything that meets their minimum specs. Needs only enough space to download the files.

Can Netflix save so expanded storage?

Only need oodles of power if you are going to be playing lots of games etc.

Amazon one would be fine but some of the cheaper brand android ones would work too.

You really do get what you pay for with tablets, except apple...

DCB

Visit site
You need to watch with some of the cheaper tablets that they are supported for SkyGo. I had a cheap and cheerful one when I was in hospital and SkyGo wasn't compatible with it even though it was running the most recent Android version.

I ended up with a galaxy tab 4 with a 10" screen that has been really good. I'd certainly go for another Galaxy Tab when the time comes.