Swing working well

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Following my game with HTL yesterday where I played well for 10 holes and then fell apart, and keen to build on my more solid recent form I went to the local covered driving range tonight (practice ground at Ascot last seen floating down the home straight on the race course).

I read a tip in Todays Golfer (I know but I had already read this months GM cover to cover twice) and it said about taking your address and then moving your head slightly behind the ball to create a reverse C shape. Have to say I was amazed at how well this went and how high and long I was throughout the bag.

The idea of the tip was that this start position helps drop the club onto an inside path on the downswing and stops an over the top shot and also prevents a reverse pivot. The ball flies more powerfully and I even got the odd one to draw gently.

I'm hoping it might stop raining tomorrow and that the course may be open so I can go out and try the new swing out as well as my new Rossa Spider kindly sent by Mike Harris at GM Towers

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
I shall give this a go Homer, I played today and played much better, however, im still coming over the top.

What months mag is it in? If I cant find it, what is the tip? Just move my head slightly to look to my right at address before my take away?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Its in the current edition of todays golfer (should be readily available at Tesco etc).If not take your normal stance and then just move the head back a fraction behind the ball and allow the right knee to come in a fraction. You are looking for a very shallow reverse C position

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Its nothing like the one you suggested Homer, oops, Oh well I have two different drills to sort myself out. Good Times!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I've was taught never to consciously keep looking down on the ball after impact but let head move as you follow through. I have my eye on the ball at impact and then pick it up in flight as part of my follow through