swing tips please!

TobyRich1928

Head Pro
Visit site
fairly normal, left hand rolled to make a v shape between thumb and forefinger, and then the right hand place on top with the thumb pointing straight down the grip. It also an interlocking grip underneath the grip

TobyRich1928

Head Pro
Visit site
Thumb down the grip with a line between thumb and forefinger just to the left of straight, pointing slightly towards the right shoulder! With an interlock underneath

looked a lot at the swing and frame by frame albeit 15 secs to 16 secs and the downswing is completed, however, I think your swing is pretty good, checkpoints at left arm parrallel to ground and club pretty much set, good turn and good transition, nice weight transfer (could be better but still good). I see where Bob is heading re the grip as the clubhead path is good so possibly only slightly open at impact, I'd explore that more I think based on that swing.

P.S you should be single figures with that swing

TobyRich1928

Head Pro
Visit site
looked a lot at the swing and frame by frame albeit 15 secs to 16 secs and the downswing is completed, however, I think your swing is pretty good, checkpoints at left arm parrallel to ground and club pretty much set, good turn and good transition, nice weight transfer (could be better but still good). I see where Bob is heading re the grip as the clubhead path is good so possibly only slightly open at impact, I'd explore that more I think based on that swing.

P.S you should be single figures with that swing

Cheers mate! Be told that all to often it just the short game is nowhere near up to scratch :( needs a lot of work!!

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
The trouble is, is that your full "on the course" swing or a smooth swing for the camera?
You are slightly out to in on the downswing which I suspect is even more so, the faster you swing.
The hands then tend not to release as that would send the ball straight left.
It sounds as if your grip is ok and you have a nice flat left wrist at the top.
Just be aware you dont rush the change of direction at the top of the swing and that will help your upper and lower body work together better.

TobyRich1928

Head Pro
Visit site
I've struggled with an out to in path before! Will work on it! And I like to think that it was an on-course swing and it did feel like a full power one :p will try and work on getting the speed of the transaction between backswing and down swing more couscous :p