Swing thoughts - do you have too many?

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Pah. If you want swing thoughts you can't beat club pro guy's 747 swing thoughts system...

Check out the nlu pod for details of that and the secrets to leading the tour in strokes gained chipping out...

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Too many whilst trying to sort my driving out ......................... but I often forget one and hit a bad shot!

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Some people obviously have far too may thoughts going on. When they address the ball you see them checking their grip, checking their body alignment, making sure their feet are square, checking ball position and fidgeting around. By the time they come to swinging the the club they are thinking about everything except hitting the ball.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I love when you hear pros say..

Yeah I like to address the ball and clear my mind and just swing.

That's after 10 minutes thinking about what they are going to do. A whole heap of practice swings and 100s of balls a day at the range.

When in reality they are grinding away at the range before they go out trying to find something to hang onto for todays round.

Except Dustin. He really does just hit it. :rofl:

xreyuk

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I would say I have about 5 thoughts. Ball position, grip, hand on top on the way back, don't sway, bow the wrist.

That's about as many as I can handle, although there are 3 other things I need to take on from my lessons, they'll have to wait until I can master the above!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
In essence, Yes.

When I went to Ping last year I came away with a swing that was simple and I knocked it straight down the middle ( re driver ). Trouble is it is not massive. When I went on me cruise I bought a golf mag re learning how to smash it.
In essence swing speed = distance, I get that, but when I speed up me swing
" I lose control" . If that makes sense. The problem is further compounded coz Dustin Johnson ( and who am I to argue with him ) states the wider the arc the faster the club head speed. In essence the outer edge of the wheel travels quicker than the middle of the wheel over the same length of time. It's logic I can relate to. And I am trying a wider arc however, when I hit it like this it does fly. When I don't me clubs are close to going on eBay.
Trouble is again that when playing off 21 do I have the golfing brain to work out what is it I am doing wrong, or even what am I doing right.