Swing post posture changes (Video & Pics included)

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
interesting swing seems very under control

only things i can see

seems a bit flat for example at the top of the back swing the left arm is almost paralell to the ground.

the hips don't seem to be leading the turn, at impact they look inline with the target though i would think you would want them to have turned more than this at that point to get a better release through the ball and more power :)

Monty_Brown

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Agree with what timchump said above. In the image of the top of your backswing, your left arm is barely visible because it is so flat. But then again, there are plenty of good players with flat backswings, so if it works, leave well alone.

Technically, the point about your hip release lagging behind the through swing is true, but you look like you give the ball a fair rip, so I doubt you really need the distance that the hip release would give you. And you certainly don't need the massive cut it gives you when the timing goes on a fast hipturn swing... trust me :(

You're a brave man to be posting swing videos if you're happy with it... we're such a bunch of bloody knowitalls, we can't resist telling you to tinker with it!
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Mattyboy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I agree with Bob (which I seem to do alot since I got a V Easy).

I described it rather badly previously and this may be of no further help but......

You do look a bit shut at the top. This will in theory prevent a turn and release through the ball (as this would encourage a hook). I think your penultimate picture has your left arm still straight when well past impact.

Look at tour pros such a Westwood and look at his shaft position at finish. It will be nearer horizontal than verticle.

Having said all that, dont get hung up on it! Your swing is much better than an 18 HCP so work on where you think your weaknesses lay and prepare yourself for 12 next year.

Good luck

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
As for the shots. The ball contact is massively more consistant. My ball flight is also consistantley better, nice and straight and a lot more controllable.

Then no changes needed! :D

PS. If you want the *perfect* arms position, the arms should hang down in a straight line under shoulders. That's the natural resting position...

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
As for the shots. The ball contact is massively more consistant. My ball flight is also consistantley better, nice and straight and a lot more controllable.

Then no changes needed! :D

PS. If you want the *perfect* arms position, the arms should hang down in a straight line under shoulders. That's the natural resting position...

You're quite right. It is something I'm working on but for now, I'm happy.