Swing feedback required

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
A friend of mine who is new to the game has recently sent me a vid of he's swing asking for feedback.

To my untrained eye viewing from an iphone I'm struggling to see anything wrong with it.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
When you say new to the game how new? That is pretty good if you ask me. Maybe a touch of an early release but could be the camera angle.

New enough for me to open that file and be totally shocked. I think he's less an a year into the game.... Id be pretty hey with that 5/6 years in let alone a year

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
For someone who is new to the game its very good. A few little tweaks and he'll be onto a winner.

My two little bits of feedback would be posture, I'd want to see just a little bit more leg flex, he looks very rigid from the waist down. secondly, he take's the club back inside (which he does very well with not to throw it at the top). Would be worth while trying to keep a bit more width in his takeaway to save from the dreaded hooks later on.

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
New enough for me to open that file and be totally shocked. I think he's less an a year into the game.... Id be pretty hey with that 5/6 years in let alone a year

Must have a bit of natural ability then to be swinging like that after less than a year. Lump mentions an inside takeaway which may again be the camera angle as it looks to me like he is aiming way to the left but the ball goes straight. The camera angle is not great TBH, perhaps the best tip would be to teach him how to video his swing better:)

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Must have a bit of natural ability then to be swinging like that after less than a year. Lump mentions an inside takeaway which may again be the camera angle as it looks to me like he is aiming way to the left but the ball goes straight. The camera angle is not great TBH, perhaps the best tip would be to teach him how to video his swing better:)

From what I can see and knowing the range he is at, I would say the ball is pretty much. Going where he is aiming

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Does not look like there is much wrong there, sometimes difficult to see with that camera angle. But I would agree with he needs some more leg flex. But hey tell him to visit a pro I am sure they could get that swing working really well in no time.

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
From what I can see and knowing the range he is at, I would say the ball is pretty much. Going where he is aiming

Just transferred it into my swing analysis software and slowed it right down and yes it is not far off, he does take away on the inside but not that bad, I have seen a lot worse. He does appear to be on his toes at impact though. But still a fine effort for a relative newbie. What scores is he shooting

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just transferred it into my swing analysis software and slowed it right down and yes it is not far off, he does take away on the inside but not that bad, I have seen a lot worse. He does appear to be on his toes at impact though. But still a fine effort for a relative newbie. What scores is he shooting

He's maintaining around 20hc but rumours are its should be lower, I'm guessing its a short game issue holding the hc high instead of other issues

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Not bad, a bit of an arm action so not always going to be the most consistent, also 'standing tall' so not easy to get good compression with the grip/hands ahead of the ball. He has ZERO rotation of the right hip in the backswing and as tall as he's standing he still has a sniff of early extension in there.

You can hit the ball doing what he's doing.... but it's nowhere near an ideal action. Better posture, deeper hip turn and hands more ahead thru impact.

I assume he MEANT to be aimed to the left?

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yeah, his posture was the only thing that stood out for me. The main thing was how the lumber part of his spine is pushed SO far in, the arch as far to concaved (turned in) and it's this that makes him stand so tall.