Swing check please!

golfgirl247

Visit site
Well mostly not using my hands 1st and not moving my head when i hit the shot (i mean dont move it to fast)
No to go in with the swing

I i hit a bad ball its usually a slice or like a fade but more

teegirl

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm not surprised golfgirl. :D

Can I say you've done brilliantly, to play off 6 isn't just about the big stick, must be nifty at the short game too. Enjoy the learning, I wish I had started at your age. :(

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Lol my dad always says that!!

Lol i should have quitted when i started! Id be a millionare ! :)

Golf girl.
Keep things simple. Lift your hands up a touch at the address which will do a few good things to your swing without you actually having to even know about them and have someone check your grip.
I wouldnt say any more than that until you see your coach again and dont forget to have fun :D

golfgirl247

Visit site
Lol i try to have fun!
But when u get to 6 is a different game
Think about evry shot Check wind make sure this that ETC

its not that easy and theres alot of stress!

Golf girl

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Lol i try to have fun!
But when u get to 6 is a different game
Think about evry shot Check wind make sure this that ETC

its not that easy and theres alot of stress!

Golf girl
Tell me about it.
If you feel stressed, hum a nice tune or think of a really happy time and breathe deeply and slowly

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
golfgirl1.gif

You need to be aiming for the WHITE position with your hands and swing plane.

Thank goodness for this. :)

I haven't had even one pro that would let me get away with this...it's the rest of my swing that's worse than rubbish :)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
So am I right in assuming we are saying that this lady is too flat and then having to throw a tad from the top to get back on plane (hence the left to right shape) or amongst all the furore have I missed something else?

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
So am I right in assuming we are saying that this lady is too flat and then having to throw a tad from the top to get back on plane (hence the left to right shape) or amongst all the furore have I missed something else?

and this white line....
nat3o.jpg

This position is partly down to where the golfer is happy with. Right now the hands look too close to the body which will inhibit getting the club on plane properly.

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
This is a girl who is young and plays off 6, without being there and teaching here first hand we should be careful as Bob is with little suggestions, not big ideas.

Dramatic suggestions or changes could turn a handy 6 h/capper upside down should she take it all in, go easy is my advice the lady is already showing signs of confusion.

Knowledge is a wonderful thing, teaching is another, teaching over a web site to pictures is yet another.

Be simple on here I say......like Bob. :D :DI dont believe I said that? :D

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Just looking at the vid for the first time, it looks to me as if the camera is just a tad behind square, so the hand angle might be just a tiny bit forshortened.

I'm no expert, but the two things I noticed which I think are brilliant are the rhythm of the swing, and the balance at the end of the followthrough.

I watched a video of Lorena Ochoa's swing, which tbh isn't that much better than yours.

But like Bob said ( don't you just hate a smart bottom ) she does give herself more room at setup, and she does seem to have a huge amount of extension on the backswing.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I watched a video of Lorena Ochoa's swing, which tbh isn't that much better than yours.

I'm a huge fan of Lorena and her swing.

What I notice is/are three really good features which I would happily have in my game.

1) She extends to club to the max, then sets the plane nicely
2) She gets on line/path really early on the way down, and
3) her legs are ace!!

Here's my photo which shows 1) and 3).

LorenaOchoaanalysis.jpg

Very good i.m.o. very reliable, unsurprisingly.....

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com

I'm a huge fan of Lorena and her swing.

What I notice is/are three really good features which I would happily have in my game.

1) She extends to club to the max, then sets the plane nicely
2) She gets on line/path really early on the way down, and
3) her legs are ace!!

Here's my photo which shows 1) and 3).

LorenaOchoaanalysis.jpg

Very good i.m.o. very reliable, unsurprisingly.....

Nice pic RGDave. If you were the camera man and took two paces to your left you'd notice that her left arm would almost be pointing right at you... just aswome.

Personally I'd be looking at her bum of course! :eek: :eek: :eek:

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes, it's tricky to get anyone's swing exactly down the line.

I have a superb video of her side on......(I'll try to extract a frame)......she's ace.....and strangely hypnotic as well.....(that could just be me of course :) )

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
This is what I particularly like.

Lorenafronton.jpg

Most gents (and most amateurs) will have already set the wrists and started to get tight.
She's just hanging in there, loose and wide, ready for the rest.....