swing advice wanted

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don't take my word as I'm pants but your alignment looks a bit off to the right and you look abit huanched and compacted in the arms and torso. Looked like a good hit though!

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
sounded nice but have to agree looks too hunched, stand a bit taller. Might sound daft but looked a bit too floppy aswell, try and stand a bit more upright and rigid. With my h/c I know sod all btw :)

chiv

Club Champion
Visit site
Matt
youve opened up a can of worms asking everyone for tips. Go to your pro and stick with them working on your swing in between games
good luck..

Losttheplot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yeah Matt there are a few things to work on but you could do with seeing a pro to work on it properly. Overall it's not bad though.

If there was one thing I'd mention is you do sway your hips a bit too much and 'almost' reverse pivot. Not quite a full reverse pivot but your back leg seems to straighten and you do sit into it on that back leg.

See a pro, he will fix it for you. Not bad overall though, seen a lot worse. ;)

MattCarter

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thank guys for your comments, I will look at getting some lessons with my pro when I can. Just was wondering what other people thought.

There was a ditch just on the end on my normal shot so was trying to hold it off a bit but ended up in bunker off to the left.

Anymore things to work on before I can get to see my pro?

MattCarter

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Didn't even notice that! They are small wooden tees with yellow tops (which you can't see)

Sorry bob not sure what you mean about turning and not swaying? Thought I was turning?

BogeyHole

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Sorry bob not sure what you mean about turning and not swaying? Thought I was turning?

Your head moves backwards during your backswing and forwards in the downswing. That is the 'sway' and means you're making it tougher to strike the ball cleanly.

Use the feet together drill ( click on this link ) to get the feel of turning through the swing, rather than swaying backwards and forwards.

It's important that you don't make a full swing, just a half to 3/4 swing and keep a smooth tempo, to get teh feel of how your body should turn around a central pivot, not sway backwards and forwards.

GL

:)

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site

Your head moves backwards during your backswing and forwards in the downswing. That is the 'sway' and means you're making it tougher to strike the ball cleanly.

Use the feet together drill ( click on this link ) to get the feel of turning through the swing, rather than swaying backwards and forwards.

It's important that you don't make a full swing, just a half to 3/4 swing and keep a smooth tempo, to get teh feel of how your body should turn around a central pivot, not sway backwards and forwards.

GL

Wow. I wrote all that when I was asleep ;)

BogeyHole

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

GL

Wow. I wrote all that when I was asleep ;)

Look, I've got two drills which I do.

They may be pretty basic, but they work for me.

If the advice needs to go deeper than that, I'm stuffed.

:p

And one of these days I'm going to learn how to spell 'the'

:eek:

The19thHole

Head Pro
Visit site
I’m no expert but it looks like your left leg bends too much causing a ‘swaying’ motion. Try and firm up the left side even if it means not having a full swing.

Mattyboy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Without reading the comments above I looked at your swing and what I noticed immediately is your sway. I put my curser on your left ear and it shows a massive sway.

One tip, lean your right foot in a little, meaning your weight is on the inside of it. If you sway, you will feel the weight shifting to the middle or outside of your right foot.

Then concentrate on turning!

Good Luck

Matt