Superstitions

Boabski

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Guys,

I was getting all my bits and boabs (get it) from my old bag into my snazzy new one H.I.D. got me for Christmas. There was the usual debrit like the jaggy half tee's and the mandatory stale Mars Bar but the first thing to move from my old bag to the new was my lucky charm. It is a 'LIVESTRONG' wristband my wee boy got me and means a lot to me too. It has been on my bag for years.

It got me thinking, am I just a simple nutter or are you the same as me? When I played footy, I always put my left boot on first and only wore adidas but thankfully this superstition hasn't carried on to my golf.
(well the adidas shoe has)
Do you have any wee superstition or lucky charms like mine???

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
You're not completely off your trolley, Boabski.

I have a golfer's lucky charm in the shape of a laminated Irish 4 leaf clover which my girlfrined brought me back from Dublin years ago. It is permanently resident in the bag now.

Beginning to think the new shoes I'm testing might be lucky, too. 3 rounds so far and 78, 76, 80. They're not getting them back if this continues!

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Unbelievable! I was about to post about the very same thing. When I played football I used to have my lucky pants. Thinking about digging them out for Friday.
Won't let the wife throw them out.

golfcitydweller

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
hey boabski.
don`t keep any lucky charms but i always keep my clubs arranged in my bag a certain way ..789 in left side ..3456 in right ..also a pet hate is if someone takes one of ur clubs out to have alook and doesn``t put back in it`s right place..

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thank F*** I am not the only one. My 'better 'alf' says I am sad. I have a lucky keyring my wee OJ gave me with her name on and I never use anything other than WHITE tees.

...... Never play with a Titleist with the number 8 on it cos when I do I score a snowman.

With regards to Friday, I have told the wife I am abstaining from playing on the swings ;) til after the game.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
I only carry Titleist Prov1 #1 golf balls, strangely I never lose any round the course, even in the deepest water or rough :D MUHAHA

My waggle is about as superstitious as it gets, Im about to change my golf bag, maybe just maybe my irons (rifle 6.0s are maybe a little stiff) so I cant think of much else bar never wearing a jacket or trousers as I feel they restrict me.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have a 25 cent coin I use to mark my ball on the greens. Not sure where it came from but it has been with me since was a junior. Doesn't help get the ball in the hole but I feel better with it in my pocket. I thought I'd lost it a while back and came over very paranoid when marking my bal (bought a Royal Ascot metal marker). Fortunately it had dropped to the bottom of my bag of tees

Toad

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Have a ball marker I got from my son when we were at Disney Land a couple of years ago, simply can't play without it.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have so many idiosyncrasies its unbelievable, I gotta brush my teeth the same way, have all papers and bits square on my desk etc and in golf im the same! All my cloths have to be ironed the morning I play, Clubs have to be clean and in the correct positions (9,8,7 - 6,5,4), gotta start with an nxt ball, lick my right thumb tip prior to gripping club, cant think of any more golfing ones at moment.

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Unbelievable! I was about to post about the very same thing. When I played football I used to have my lucky pants. Thinking about digging them out for Friday.
Won't let the wife throw them out.

:D laughing my butt off! I too, used to have lucky pants and was routinely scoffed at for my insistence of their magic powers. My girlfriend threw them out.

Needless to say, she is not the one that made it to being my wife. Some mistakes don't give you a chance to make amends.

My lucky charm is my ball marker, a 1yen coin back from my trip to Japan 3 years ago. Perfect size and has a big number 1 on it - and this makes me feel like I'm no.1 every time I put it down, despite the evidence of my play!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I too had a pair of lucky pants that I used to play rugby in. Wife could not wait to throw them out when I quit playing. Am waiting to have a decent enough round to start cultivating a pair of lucky golfing undies

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
The infamous lucky pants! I too am guilty of previously owning a pair. Mine were white CK boxers, they eventually expired after the elastic could no longer cope with my increasing waistline and were sadly consigned to that great washing basket in the sky.... or did a pervert nick them off the washing line :eek:

My only other superstiton, but to me it is more of a sentiment, is that I always, without fail, carry a picture of my little Olivia from when she was first born. I have to have pictures of her close-by to maintain my equilibrium. There's nothing like being a daddy!!!

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Oh lordy!

Guys, perchance did all these so called "lucky pants" start as lucky "off the golf course" ...if you know what I mean? You've obviously all taken that kind of luck too far.