Superhero Costume Ideas...?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm going to Cardiff with the football lads for a weekend next month, we've been instructed to turn up in fancy dress as superheroes. I don't want to shell out big bucks on a proper fancy dress outfit that I'll never wear again as a man in my 30s, so thinking up a cheap bodge job.

My current favourite is one that's been done many times - 'Clark Kent' - buy a cheap Superman logo t-shirt and some fake specs, supplement with a white shirt, trousers and tie loosely undone, etc. You've probably seen it.

Anyone got any other good ideas though that perhaps aren't as obvious? I think it probably has to be a genuine superhero from film/TV/comics, but they didn't actually specify that.

P.S. In before someone suggests 'red polo shirt man' or something equally witty. :rolleyes:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm going to Cardiff with the football lads for a weekend next month, we've been instructed to turn up in fancy dress as superheroes. I don't want to shell out big bucks on a proper fancy dress outfit that I'll never wear again as a man in my 30s, so thinking up a cheap bodge job.

My current favourite is one that's been done many times - 'Clark Kent' - buy a cheap Superman logo t-shirt and some fake specs, supplement with a white shirt, trousers and tie loosely undone, etc. You've probably seen it.

Anyone got any other good ideas though that perhaps aren't as obvious? I think it probably has to be a genuine superhero from film/TV/comics, but they didn't actually specify that.

P.S. In before someone suggests 'red polo shirt man' or something equally witty. :rolleyes:

Well If you did go black trousers with a red polo you could be tiger .. he’s a super hero!!

Wear some pants over your trousers and tie a sheet round your neck

Average superhero 👌

Wolf

Visit site
Love a bit of fancy dress, do loads of it for events at work.

Last couple I've done is Wolverine, not the Hugh Jack an type but the original X Men one with the bright yellow and blue spandex outfit, also did Spiderman with a 2nd skin suit for that one, takes some balls to wear those in public though due to the costumes showing off every ounce on the physique 😳

If you wanna do it on the cheap go as the Punisher, all black with a Skull t shirt, couple fake guns and you don't need to tart yourself up as looking a bit rougher helps nail the characters look

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Group of English footie lads out in Cardiff in fancy dress? Save on the hotel as you've every chance of ending up in Cardiff General.......or Cardiff nick!!!! 😉😂😂
You enjoyed the same warm hospitality I did then. I didn't even go in fancy dress. Just turned up for the footie (no club colours) and the locals were out in force and so endearing

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Good luck finding a costume to suit your tight budget, i've never understood why grown men would want to go on the ale in fancy dress. Bizarre behaviour.

Exactly.... it’s a hoot for about 15 minutes then as per every night out you have Spider-Man talking to The Flash about the benifits of zonal marking or the possibility of a 2nd referendum! It’s weird!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Good luck finding a costume to suit your tight budget, i've never understood why grown men would want to go on the ale in fancy dress. Bizarre behaviour.
Not a huge fan myself, but most of the lads are a bit younger, so we've all been there I guess. That's partly why I want something simple so I won't look like the biggest prune there.

I liked the Punisher idea, that's one to consider.

Wolf

Visit site
Not a huge fan myself, but most of the lads are a bit younger, so we've all been there I guess. That's partly why I want something simple so I won't look like the biggest prune there.

I liked the Punisher idea, that's one to consider.
Marvel The Punisher Logo Men's T-Shirt (L) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N03LTQP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_8PaNCbYX20X4J

T shirts a tenner, wear that with black jeans and boots. Rough your Barnet up a bit and sport a day or so growth of Facial hair and your sorted. Cheap cheerful and won't look a knob in public.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

I think its prob just the one budget, I cant see there being different amounts for Tights, wigs, make up etc

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Argos sell a spiderman costume for £13.99
https://www.argos.co.uk/product/7542925
Cheers but I've worn Morphsuits before back in the day, and it is an absolute nightmare to go for pee while wearing one. You practically have to unzip the entire thing, not very practical.

This goes very much against practicality as well but it's so tempting to get this for 20 quid: https://www.morphsuits.co.uk/transforming-robot-morph-costume :LOL: The banter with that would be so good until I remember that I can't actually sit down while wearing it.