Sun Mountain Micro Cart and Sync Bag

El Bandito

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Purchased this combination a couple of months ago as my back was telling me that carrying was maybe not a great idea and but I was enjoying the calorie loss of not having an electric trolley bear the weight. A push trolley seemed a good compromise. I wanted a cart that was compact when folded, came in its own bag (to keep my boot clean) and was idiot proof to unfold as I have the manual dexterity of a house brick.

The micro cart is a 4 wheel contraption that is astonishingly free-wheeling. Pushing it around is not effortless, but pretty close to it. The 4 wheel design means that the cart is very stable, with a low centre of gravity. Construction is solid, but light. Unfolding is pretty much idiot-proof, with only two 'locks' to operate. The cart has a simple lever brake that locks one of the rear wheels.

The cart comes with a decent set of accessories, a small section in the handle for whatever you want to have easy access to (cigarettes, sweets etc) a few tee holes and ball holders. There is a strong magnet clasp to secure the score card (assuming it ever stops raining). There is an umbrella holder that looks pretty sturdy although I have never used it. Sun Mountain actually produce a shaped umbrella designed to sit in the holder and keep you and the clubs dry. A useful addition is a small bag that sits at the bottom of the cart, large enough for shoes, or waterproofs.

The cart is designed that the bag simply sits on a bottom rest and is secured by a pair of adjustable clamps at the top end. Not a bungee is sight. This allows the cart to transport anything from a stand bag to a staff bag. BUT, and for some it is a big but, my bags did tend to twist a little. They remained secure, but I found the twisting a little annoying. The solution, perhaps not unsurprisingly, is to give Sun Mountain some more cash.

The Sync cart bag has a base designed to fit snugly over the bottom rest of the cart, removing any twist risk. The bag is a good quality bag with full length dividers and an abundance of pockets.

The Sun Mountain Micro Cart teamed with the Sync Cart bag works beautifully. Easy to assemble, easy to push and easy to store, the cart is robust and light. The bag designed to work with the cart sits brilliantly on it is a good quality piece of kit. I love it.

However, for those who might want a cart upon which they can use any bag, my vote would probably still go to Clic Gear.