Summer strides

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Any suggestions for lightweight/ showerproof trousers ?

Not quite warm enough for shorts for late evening games and ideally some water resistance incase of the odd shower.
?Cheers

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not quite warm enough for shorts for late evening games and ideally some water resistance incase of the odd shower.
?Cheers

You are kidding, aren't you? Ask any postie who wears shorts all year round, and they will tell you that the act of walking keeps your legs quite warm enough, thank you. Or are you in a buggie?

Can understand long trousers re insect bites, but that wasn't your concern.

Also, skin is generally waterproof :D

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Just bought a pair of the new Under Armour chinos. Very comfortable in deed, and great fit. Probably a little pricey for chinos compared to ones you can get on the high street, but having a few pairs of their excellent golf trousers, thought I'd try them. Don't know about showerproof, but you can always get a bottle of Grangers Xtreme Repel and spray them.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
You are kidding, aren't you? Ask any postie who wears shorts all year round, and they will tell you that the act of walking keeps your legs quite warm enough, thank you. Or are you in a buggie?

This.. shorts every time for me, I'd like to know where in the UK the op is for it to be too cold for shorts

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Weirdly true.. Anything over 10°C and I tend to get the shorts on. Lower legs don't really feel the cold - probably due to hairiness as well.