Subscription Question

Ken_A

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Is the digital edition the same as the magazine - with a few videos?

Do I get free Zstars if I take up a digital subscription?

Also If I change from an WP7 to another device can I change this without any problems.

NeilTappin

GM Staff
Visit site
Hi Ken.

I've looked into all this - sadly, as you take out the subscription with Zinio there are no Z Star balls I'm afraid. This a hard copy magazine offer only.

Regarding the WP7, yes, you would still be able to get the magazine through there however you won't be able to see all of the multi-media content. I would also think that reading the magazine on a phone would be quite tricky.

Sorry the news isn't better.

Regards,

Neil

Ken_A

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hi Ken.

I've looked into all this - sadly, as you take out the subscription with Zinio there are no Z Star balls I'm afraid. This a hard copy magazine offer only.

Regarding the WP7, yes, you would still be able to get the magazine through there however you won't be able to see all of the multi-media content. I would also think that reading the magazine on a phone would be quite tricky.

Sorry the news isn't better.

Regards,

Neil

Boo hoo - looks like it's back to paper then. :)

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Not wishing to hijack but on the subject of subscriptions - what on earth is going on at IPC?

I've just had my renewal letter (which I very nearly didn't read as it looked more like an advert for Rugby World than my subscription renewal letter) and have been made the spectacular 'lowest regular subscriber rate' offer of £41.60 for the year.

So, that's only £1.61 more expensive than the new subscriber offer in this month's GM and without the dozen balls - that's some way to reward subscription loyalty!

I have sent IPC a note but as a long-time subscriber, I fear this may be the end. In my experience, renewal prices are always quite a bit lower than the new subscriber rates but without any gift. I'm certainly not paying more for the privilege to get less.

pedros500

Visit site
Hi,

I was wondering whether I would need to subscribe to both the print and the digital versions of the magazine? I have a subscription to Wired magazine and it allows me access to both services which is incredibly convenient.

Is there a plan to offer this type of service to GM customers?

Kind Regards,

Pete

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hi,

I was wondering whether I would need to subscribe to both the print and the digital versions of the magazine? I have a subscription to Wired magazine and it allows me access to both services which is incredibly convenient.

Is there a plan to offer this type of service to GM customers?

Kind Regards,

Pete

you can currently get the digital version if you are a mag subscriber so that maybe the way to go for ken too?

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not wishing to hijack but on the subject of subscriptions - what on earth is going on at IPC?

I've just had my renewal letter (which I very nearly didn't read as it looked more like an advert for Rugby World than my subscription renewal letter) and have been made the spectacular 'lowest regular subscriber rate' offer of £41.60 for the year.

So, that's only £1.61 more expensive than the new subscriber offer in this month's GM and without the dozen balls - that's some way to reward subscription loyalty!

I have sent IPC a note but as a long-time subscriber, I fear this may be the end. In my experience, renewal prices are always quite a bit lower than the new subscriber rates but without any gift. I'm certainly not paying more for the privilege to get less.

this sort of incentive for new customers is pretty common these days just have a look at a mobile contract mortgage or sky tv deal, generally you will not get the same offer to renew as you will to become a new customer.
let subs lapse for one month and restart again as new customer?