Stupid question time...

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm just gonna jump right in there

Same club, is there any difference is a 9* head cranked up to 10.5, than a 10.5* head set as standard?

I'm thinking the looks at address ect

Ive heard the saying, the only stupid question is one that's not asked. I may well have disproved this 😀

Grieve14

Head Pro
Visit site

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
With drivers, I believe, if you add loft you close the face and if you reduce loft you open the face.
How much will vary from model to model I suspect

Fish

Banned
Visit site
With drivers, I believe, if you add loft you close the face and if you reduce loft you open the face.

True, but don't some drivers have twin adjusters so that doesn't happen?

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So would you say in general, the differences in playing characteristics are minimal?

Bump the cheaper 9* up to 10.5 and crack on?

Imurg

Visit site
So would you say in general, the differences in playing characteristics are minimal?

Bump the cheaper 9* up to 10.5 and crack on?

It's what I've done with my Epic - 9 to 10 anyway.
For the same swing you'll hit the ball a little higher with a little more spin but how often do we swing the same ?

Imurg

Visit site
True, but don't some drivers have twin adjusters so that doesn't happen?

The 2nd cog controls the lie - either neutral or draw. If you alter then loft you still alter the face angle a touch.

The Callaway I have has a dual cog adapter and I cannot for the life of me see any difference when it's adjusted :mad:

Let's face it, we're talking a couple of degrees. I doubt many could genuinely see a difference

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
In theory then it may even be better to buy the lower loft and adjust upwards in order to promote a nice draw...? :D

(Maybe wishful thinking as I use a standard R11-S adjusted up to 12)

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk

It's what I've done with my Epic - 9 to 10 anyway.
For the same swing you'll hit the ball a little higher with a little more spin but how often do we swing the same ?

I don't agree with this. It might open / close the face with the sole flat to the ground, although I doubt it, but whether the face is closed or open depends on how you grip it. If, like I do, you drip the club so that it looks square in your hands (i.e. when you hover the club over the ball0 then how the club is set doesn't matter. If there is adjustment for open / closed, the way you grip it negates this.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't agree with this. It might open / close the face with the sole flat to the ground, although I doubt it, but whether the face is closed or open depends on how you grip it. If, like I do, you drip the club so that it looks square in your hands (i.e. when you hover the club over the ball0 then how the club is set doesn't matter. If there is adjustment for open / closed, the way you grip it negates this.

So you are saying that all these adapters are a complete hoax with regard to loft?

If using the adapter to increase the loft simply opens the club face there is absolutely no point in adjusting the adjuster at all!

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Shut the book on the techmology of adjustable drivers folks, it’s all in how you grip it.