Stupid me

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi folks. Hope we are all well?

Im not! I have recently re joined the gym and starting to get myself back to a decent level of fitness, yesterday feeling good I decided to do some free weight squatting, all was going well until I heard and felt a rip and felt a horrible pain in my left knee, I have torn my anterior cruciate ligament grade 1-2, meaning about 6 weeks minimum rest and R.I.C.E every 20 mins for ages!

Nothing I could have done to stop this happening it was just one of those things. Seriously keeping fit and healthy is not good for you.

It’s the opposite leg to the one I have arthritis in so watching me walk is hilarious for everyone but me! Im trying to limp on both legs, making me look like im walking on hot coals.

I am not a happy bloke! Just had my birthday presents from the in-laws and was really looking forward to trying out my new balls, glove and wedge!

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry this should have been in the out of bounds section, old habits die hard.

On a golf note, been given some MD Golf Titanium golf balls (15 of them!) any one know what they are like? They feel like ball bearings.

johng

Head Pro
southerndowngolfclub.co.uk
'titanium' hey, bet they're lovely and bright white colour.
Never played with them, though best guess is they're not great, depends what you're after in a ball.

Hope the knee heals quickly Hywel.

John.

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
HTL whatever you do take the advice of the docs and especially the physio otherwise you will take longer to recover and return to the course than necessary.

Best wishes in your recovery.

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Having absolutely no ACL for 20 odd years I can for once say I really do know how you feel.

Be careful,the left knee is the one that takes it all thru impact hence Tigers issues.

The rest you know about,rice etc etc just make sure it is strong before you attempt a full swing again.

mickytwodesks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Mate i'm gutted for you. I steer well clear of squats as i have seen many a big man drop like a sack of spuds as the knee goes :eek:

rest and get the playstation - tiger woods - fired up!

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
Did you go straight into squatting with a heavy weight? As opposed to starting with something light and building up the resistance over the coming weeks/ months. I don't mean to criticise but I hear of this all to frequently.

Regardless of what happened though, I hope it heals quickly, and if it is going to be quite a substantial period of time that you are out for it may be worth going to the gym anyway and doing some upper body work just to keep yourself active. Best Wishes for the knee.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
No I did a 45 minute 145 – 175bpm cross trainer hill session, 5 x 12 leg extensions (first 2 warm ups) and then went into the squats was going to go for 4 x 12 with the first set being a warm up and get the mind focused, it went on the second set. Luckily I was on a Smith Machine so I just flicked my wrists over and locked the bar before I fell over.

Im going away in about 10 weeks with H.I.D to Sorrento so im just going to do some beach weights for the next 6 weeks until I can get back to the cardio.