Struggling

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I went to the course late enough that no-one would be teeing off the first with 20 balls, my 9 iron, all my wedges and my skycaddie.

I walked down the fairway to the distance away from the centre of the green that I thought I hit my 9 iron and hit balls until I had 10 on the green. I then used the 'mark' feature on my skycaddie, went to the green and repaired all the pitch marks, leaving a ball at each one.
When that was done I stood in the centre of the 10 balls and noted the distance from where I hit the balls from, according to skycaddie.

The it's just a case of repeating for each club, and for different 'part' swings.

Probably not the quickest way, but I'm happy now that I can rely on the distances, if I can reproduce the same 'part' swing.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It was more than 10 because it took me about 15 balls to hit the green 10 times.

I'd like to think my 'repaired' divots on the outside right edge of a left hand dog-leg wouldn't make too much difference to a hole that's probably played 700 times a week.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
When I was working out the distances for my clubs I paced out a distance using the SC and put a marker on the ground at say 125 and hit 10 balls with a nine iron at that. I discarded the rubbish ones and then took the shortest and longest to give an average and counted how many were on 125.

I have to be honest and say using a GPS is the only way you're going to get anything remotely accurate.