struggling with weight shift on downswing

Mattyboy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If you cant get your weight to shift back, why shift it in the first place? Work on staying centred if you ask me. Get the S&T book and adopt only that part if you are an S&T sceptic.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Put a ball under the outside of your right foot. a) you'll feel if you are shifting too far back onto it, and b) concentrate on stepping off it as you hit the ball.

Gary Player has a tip for it but its a bit extreme IMHO. He looks to take a step towards the hole as he hits the ball. Its an old man's way of getting through the ball - might suit you Steve...

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mattyboy, I have the S&T book and sort of tried it out, trouble is theres a lack of instructors and going the self taught route may not be nough.

debating buying a casio ZR10 camera and joining Evolvr. My swing is in pieces at the mo, fats, thins, slices... makes me wanna just throw my clubs in the bin after todays round :(

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
debating buying a casio ZR10 camera and joining Evolvr. My swing is in pieces at the mo, fats, thins, slices... makes me wanna just throw my clubs in the bin after todays round :(

You just have too many cures buzzing round your head that's all.
Study a few pros on tour and look at them at impact, then compare your position (in relation to their hips and right foot).
Try and just turn better through impact and finish on your right toe. That will help a multitude of sins