Struggling with lag putting. (V-easy)

V

vkurup

Few weeks ago, got myself a V-easy. Since then my putting has got formidable (Bob are you listening). Last week, one of my mates commented on my putting, now he wants a v-easy (Bank details for commission to follow).

These days I normally 2 putt or better. However, I have realised that I struggle with lag putting. When I step up to the putt, in my minds, I hold on to an imaginary v-easy. This means I get my elbows in to 'squeeze the v-easy'. However, it means that I dont have too much of an arc to work with. Hence I end up speeding up the club - almost a high speed hammering action. Once the ball gets into the 15 feet, then Bobs your uncle.

Any advice on lag putting?

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Any advice on lag putting?

Try and hit it 2 feet past.

A drill I use when I practice lag putting is to put a tee in the green about 2 ft past the hole. The idea of the drill is to try and get the ball to finish between the hole and the tee I.E past the hole giving it a chance to go in, but not so far past as to make it trickty.

Hope this helps :thup:

Edit: Bob posted a video a while back of a putting stroke that got longer, for longer putts, but idn't increase in speed. I can't find it at the minute, I'll keep looking!

Last edited:
V

vkurup

Bob... u r right, I have a short backswing. If I use the v-easy and increase my backswing, my left shoulder starts dipping a lot. Am I doing it right.

I use the v-easy every day for some carpet putting.. has transformed my putting. I sometimes worry, i might go blind if I play with it too much..

V

vkurup

Try and hit it 2 feet past.

A drill I use when I practice lag putting is to put a tee in the green about 2 ft past the hole. The idea of the drill is to try and get the ball to finish between the hole and the tee I.E past the hole giving it a chance to go in, but not so far past as to make it trickty.

Good one Gareth

Hope this helps :thup:

Edit: Bob posted a video a while back of a putting stroke that got longer, for longer putts, but idn't increase in speed. I can't find it at the minute, I'll keep looking!

Bob, any chance of dusting your old videos out...