struggling to follow through

mchivers

Assistant Pro
Visit site
after about 8 weeks of playing very well and much below my handicap the last few weeks have been a struggle.

the main problem seems to be lack of follow through. it seems on most shots i stop in the divot. almost a punch shot.

try as i might i can't consistently complete a full shot. the ground is very heavy at the moment where i play and i'm hoping this is the problem.

on the shots i do follow through they are flying.

any help much appreciated. or is this winter golf (first winter for me)

mchivers

Assistant Pro
Visit site
got him in my favourites already.

always had a follow through till last few weeks and it's just stopped dead. literally. destroyed me on friday just gone. really hoping it's the conditions being so boggy and me not used to it. playing partners seem to think it's that but who knows.

stupid game lol.

3 wood off the tee has also decided to start playing up for the first time in months. like shooting through a curly wurly

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Sounds like you're too steep.

How deep are the divots? And what direction relevant to your target line?
What's the ball flight with irons?

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
You didn't mention ball flight but I reckoned your typical shots were either low pulls or low squirty fades or slices.

Any video of your swing? I think you are probably raising your height on the backswing then dropping it steeply on the downswing. Try keeping your spine angle uniform throughout, plus practice with the sun at your back so you can see your head rising up and avoid it.