Stolen Clubs

mickytwodesks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I am currently moving into a new house and i'm sorting out my contents insurance. Is it worth adding my clubs as a listed item? has anyone ever had their clubs stolen, specifically after being burgled?

Not the nicest subject but i could do with peoples advice/experience.

Mike

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I've just got a large locker at my club so in the process of listing all my equipment for my insurers. The club has swip entry system for members and code entry gates but I have heard rumours the locker room was broken into before rejoined.

I'm keen to leave my stuff at the club so I can jump straight on the train from work and be up there most evenings for nine holes or to practice.

Does anyone leave their clubs in a locker at their club. What do they do insurance wise (home or golf specific)

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
I had my clubs lifted once and my home insurance covered them, got new ones in 3 days which was fantastic. Check your policy though.

I now have separate golf insurance to cover my liability and my gear, for what it costs it is the way forward in my eyes.

DCB

Visit site
I have seperate insurance for my golf gear. Check your household insurance for clauses regarding sporting equipment and where it's kept etc.

I took out a policy that the SGU advertised some time ago, well worth the money, so far haven't needed to claim for stolen clubs, but the insurance is ther if needed. It also covers my wifes golf equipment as well so its a good deal.

I know one chap who had to wait 6 weeks for his house insurance to sort out new equipment for him.

Oh, always keep receipts if you can, should make life easier if you need to prove what you had!

BlackDot

Hacker
Visit site
Unfortunatly had my set of custom fitted mizuno blades (deleted at time of theft so irreplaceable) and callaway woods unusual spec ( i.e irreplaceable) stolen from my house during a burglary several years ago insurance paid out no problem at all, though i suspect it depends on which ins co your with and there standard practice because if it's outside of the norm trust me you'll need to get them in court before they'll pay. Good luck

Teetotal

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Keep any receipts for new equipment, list any expensive items like drivers on your policy.

There's been a few car boot raids in local clubs and pubs in my area with mainly laptops being taken so I keep my clubs in the garage as soon as I get home - I used to leave them in my boot as you never know when you're on the road and have a couple of spare hours! Mind you I have such a rubbish car I don't think anyone would bother to break in.

Mr_Top_Shot

Assistant Pro
Visit site
On this subject does anyone know what the best golf insurance around is in terms of price, service etc. Have been getting worried recently after the posts about eyes being taken out and the likes.

Looking to get a european cover as i will be playing a round of two abroad at the end of the summer.

The one advertised in GM mag this month doesn't look too bad at £50 quid

mickytwodesks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Cheers for the responces everyone. I always keep my receipts so that shouldnt be an issue. I think i will put my current set of clubs on the contents insurance as they are only worth about £700. If i ever fork out for the dream set then i may get seperate insurance.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Don't forget liability insurance though Micky, I don't know if you have it through your club if you are a member somehwere but it is so worthwhile.

Imagine the lawsuit if you were to inadvertably perform a bit of amateur dentistry one somebody with a wayward shot. We live in a compensation-chasing culture so protection is necessary in my eyes.

geronimo

Head Pro
Visit site
On this subject does anyone know what the best golf insurance around is in terms of price, service etc. Have been getting worried recently after the posts about eyes being taken out and the likes.

Looking to get a european cover as i will be playing a round of two abroad at the end of the summer.

The one advertised in GM mag this month doesn't look too bad at £50 quid

yes who do we recon is the best insurers to go with(for golf only insurance)