Still not playing?

Fabia999

Visit site
I feel like I am the only person who isn't playing again. I am hoping I can go back out in two weeks.

Anybody else in a similar position? How are you handling it?

JT.

Visit site
I feel like I am the only person who isn't playing again. I am hoping I can go back out in two weeks.

Anybody else in a similar position? How are you handling it?

I haven’t been out for a game yet, caused by 3 factors:

1. Lockdown arrived just as I was due to change club membership. I agreed with the new club to delay joining until Jan next year with an option to start my membership earlier if circumstances allowed.

2. A lot of my time when not working has been taken up with home schooling my kids (I work shifts, so weekdays when I’m off usually = Golf time not school time!)

3. The three rounds I’ve arranged to play have literally been on the worst days weather wise (v heavy rain and thunder/lightning!), so have all been called off.

I don’t know more than a handful of members at the new club so the lack of competitions and roll ups as opportunities to build a network up, as well as limited playing time, has persuaded me not to kick start my membership yet. Although if the kids go back in September I’m tempted to do so.

All this being said if the greens run anything like my lounge carpet I’m going to be lethal with the flat stick when I get back, not to mention how much chipping with foam balls into a pop up basket will translate to my touch around the green ??

This being said I actually have a game booked next Thursday and am hoping to make it 4th time lucky for actually getting out again!!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
got an NHS letter in April that I need to shield for 12 weeks. I am taking that as the end of June.

If you follow BJs briefings I believe he has recommended that those shielding continue to do until otherwise advised.

It is but a guidance though.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I havent played yet. Didnt have the desire when restrictions were first lifted but starting to get the urge to play so will start again in the next few weeks.

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
[/QUOTE] This being said I actually have a game booked next Thursday and am hoping to make it 4th time lucky for actually getting out again!![/QUOTE]

Hope you manage to get out. ??

Reactions: JT.

JT.

Visit site
This being said I actually have a game booked next Thursday and am hoping to make it 4th time lucky for actually getting out again!![/QUOTE]

Hope you manage to get out. ??[/QUOTE]

Me too! ?

www.hiltonpark.net
I've not played, I couldn't justify the fees having had no work and no furlough. My mate booked me on as a guest at his on Monday and I fell off my bike on Sunday and separated a rib. It's just not meant to be in 2020.?

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've not played, I couldn't justify the fees having had no work and no furlough. My mate booked me on as a guest at his on Monday and I fell off my bike on Sunday and separated a rib. It's just not meant to be in 2020.?

Jebus I thought I had it bad. Managed 4 rounds before my back said no. No light at the end of the tunnel thus far. Take it day by day and see how it is.

I'd love to hack it round 9 holes.

www.hiltonpark.net
Jebus I thought I had it bad. Managed 4 rounds before my back said no. No light at the end of the tunnel thus far. Take it day by day and see how it is.

I'd love to hack it round 9 holes.
I feel your pain, I slipped a disc 10 years ago and you just know golf is the worst sport for a back problem. Hopefully some stretching and rest will you see back enjoying this glorious weather.

Marcg868

Visit site
My local is members only currently. The next nearest is 3.5 miles away and unfortunately I don’t drive.I did intend to pay as I play this year before committing to joining my local, but due to COVID 19 that won’t be happening so range only for me ☹️

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sadly, not played since my accident 21 months ago... Probably fitter now than I have been for many years... Certainly lighter having disposed of just shy of 25Kgs... However my balance is still not right and not sure what I can do about it... Think I am running out of time to resume playing... Can walk OK but when I look down or try and focus on something, like the back of a golf ball, I get a bit 'wobbly'... Now ranges have reopened will be back having another go... Not giving up just yet...