Steel shaft in a hybrid

andiritchie

Journeyman Pro
HOTMAIL.COM
Does anyone have a steel shaft in their hybrids? And is there any benefits from doing so?

I prefer a heavier shaft especially in a hybrid and looking around they few and far between other than steel,the only one i have seen that wont cost the earth is the V2 100x which will be too stiff for me and not keen on the v2's anyway.

Iam getting fitted for both hybrid and 3 wood in a week or so,which will be expensive so if i get a steel shaft in the hybrid it will keep cost down,

Dont fancy paying £250 for a hybrid :mad:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I've got a 23 degree Cleveland Launcher hybrid with a steel shaft as its a direct rplacement for my 4 iron. If I had graphite shaft in it then it would react like a 3 iron!

I think its a good idea to have steel if you're a stronger player. You get more control and the hybrid feels more like your irons rather than another fairway club

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I've got a Ping i15 hybrid in steel shaft.
The Ping website says that if you prefer to play your hybrid like a long iron go for the steel version (if you have steel shafted irons that is) but if you are more than likely to play it like a wood, and have graphite in your woods (who doesn't?) go for graphite.
I have steel shafted irons so went for the steel shafted version.
I find it no different to my graphite shafted Mizuno hybrids that I had.
I couldn't hit them properly either
;)

andiritchie

Journeyman Pro
HOTMAIL.COM
Thanks a lot for that i had a word with the fitter and got a steel shaft in a 909h,i feel much more in control of the thing than ever before

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks a lot for that i had a word with the fitter and got a steel shaft in a 909h,i feel much more in control of the thing than ever before

Sounds good. I don't see why more hybrid clubs can't come with steel shafts.
Even I don't need the distance from graphite. If I want to hit my hybrid further that what it goes, I'll take a fairway wood?? :D