Starter in the game

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi, im just starting of within the world of Golf and would really like some advice on a starter set, i have been lost with information over the past few days, however, i have taken a shine on the Ram Concept V All Graphite set of clubs with bag for around £150 would this be a good starting option?

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hi HTL,
I was looking in my local AG store and there are a lot of starter options available but I would recommend buying a good second hand set for £100 and getting a putter, bag and driver off ebay or elsewhere. My pal bought a starter kit, only to trade up after 4 months. I think they are a false economy as when you try to sell them on you will be lucky to get 60% of what you paid.

B

birdieman

agree with madandra - go for set of oversize cavity backs from Ping, Cobra, Macgregor etc and at least you'll keep them for a couple of years, maybe longer. Starter sets wont really make it any easier.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ok, thanks for the help.
Ive spent another day at work doing my research and found the Ben Sayers M1 Transition Irons for £150, they look and sound like what im after from your advice? I could then pick up a bag, driver etc as i progress in the game and know my playing style.