Stance width question

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Whatever is 'comfortable', though that can often be the case with familiarity!

Feet just outside the shoulders is pretty traditional.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
My pro advocates having the instep of the feet directly under the arm pit.

If you were to put a club to the instep, the shaft would point directly to your arm pit.

seasidehacker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not getting enough weight through and the narrower stance seems to help turning as well. The only way I can hit a driver is leaving my weight on the back leg which is probably why it only goes 180/200 yards.

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not getting enough weight through and the narrower stance seems to help turning as well. The only way I can hit a driver is leaving my weight on the back leg which is probably why it only goes 180/200 yards.

from the start of the takeaway would help some to feel that your chest is rotating around your sternum as a center point. as your doing this make sure you keep the weight that moves to the right through that turn moves into the inside of your right foot, important you also keep some flex in your right leg don't have it straighten & lockout.

so neither your upper body or your hips should sway to the right in the takeaway from the ball.
during the takeaway/backswing your weight shouldn't stay or build further onto your left foot because then your upper body will wrongly tilt towards the target as you take the club back, likely then the right leg will wrongly straighten out, so then all you can do to get the clubhead to the ball is fall back onto your right leg.

in essence your weight is moving the wrong way during the swing - it's going towards the target on the backswing then away from target on the throughswing.
when your weight through the turn should work into the rightside so weight is turning away from target on the backswing, then it moves & rotates towards target as you swing the club towards target.
swinging downwards & forwards so the clubface is facing downwards towards the ball coming into impact & not clubface facing upwards to the sky - this 'falling back issue' often times happens because the golfer is trying to help the ball up into the air by thinking they have to get the club underneath the ball to lift it - the opposite is true, strike downwards for the built-in loft on the club to work properly giving you then true flight & distance.

if you can get the drift of this vid it should help you some.

[video=youtube_share;PfxenEHmWtI]http://youtu.be/PfxenEHmWtI[/video]