St Andrews Open 2022

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Has anybody else made arrangements for next year's open.

We have accommodation booked for two nights just outside Dunfermline, and we have just received confirmation from the R&A that applications for tickets are now closed and that we are in the ballot. We will be notified of our success, or otherwise, in the next two months. Fingers crossed.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Anyone had anything to say successful in ballot yet?
Nothing yet but then again I wasn't really expecting anything so soon after the last date for applications only just passing.
The email states that we will be notified at various times over the next two months. What I'm reading into that is you may hear about people receiving confirmation that they have been successful, but that won't immediately mean that others will not have been. There will of course be a point when it is either obvious that we have been unsuccessful or an email confirming the fact.
Fingers crossed.

4LEX

Visit site
Staying in Edinburgh and will travel for two days. Anyone know the taxi cost from St Andrews to Edinburgh?

Bobthesock

Visit site
Staying in Edinburgh and will travel for two days. Anyone know the taxi cost from St Andrews to Edinburgh?
Guessing at least 100 each way. Best bet is get the train to Leuchars and then taxi or bus to St Andrews. Bus station 5 mins walk from course

4LEX

Visit site
That's not too bad. I'm doing Weds and Thursday, fancy a late one on the Thursday to experience the buzz of the place. Don't want to mess around with buses or trains, too much hassle after a long day :whistle:

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
The last train from Leuchars to Edinburgh appears to be 22:24 so a taxi from St Andrews to the station 6 miles away would probably be a good bet.