Srizon z star or XV

HPIMG

Visit site
Got a email saying the 4 for 3 ends soon on Sri on balls and can decide between the two. Online it says XV version is for faster swing speeds but doesn’t say a speed. Anyone used both and how did you find them ? I mostly just use prov1 and recently tried the Avx and quite liked them.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Got a email saying the 4 for 3 ends soon on Sri on balls and can decide between the two. Online it says XV version is for faster swing speeds but doesn’t say a speed. Anyone used both and how did you find them ? I mostly just use prov1 and recently tried the Avx and quite liked them.
Can you not find a loyalty rewarded pack of AVX or pro v online? It’s basically titleist version of what srixon are offering and you can usually find them all year on online stores who have surplus stock.

Just thinking if you like those balls it’s worth a search.

HPIMG

Visit site
Can you not find a loyalty rewarded pack of AVX or pro v online? It’s basically titleist version of what srixon are offering and you can usually find them all year on online stores who have surplus stock.

Just thinking if you like those balls it’s worth a search.
I just went for the z star because that email sucked me in lol I still a box of avx and some prov1s left. I have always quite like the z star when I’ve found the odd one on course so be good to give a new ball a proper test. I always play white balls but for some reason I had the urge to order the yellow z stars .

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I just went for the z star because that email sucked me in lol I still a box of avx and some prov1s left. I have always quite like the z star when I’ve found the odd one on course so be good to give a new ball a proper test. I always play white balls but for some reason I had the urge to order the yellow z stars .
no probs mate. As a gadget freak I know the urge well. 😂. I just thought I’d call out the Titleist deal in case you hadn’t seen it.

tomshanks

Hacker
Visit site
I've been using the XV for a couple of years now, ever so slightly preferred the feel over the Z Star but other than that I didn't notice a difference.

The only downside I have noticed is the durability. The outer layer seems to crack around the circumference after a couple of rounds.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've been using the XV for a couple of years now, ever so slightly preferred the feel over the Z Star but other than that I didn't notice a difference.

The only downside I have noticed is the durability. The outer layer seems to crack around the circumference after a couple of rounds.

It is funny that.

I have noticed that with other Srixon balls

I bought 4 dozen QStar tours when they had a similar offer and resold 3 dozen of them when I noticed it started to happen on the first dozen. I would have sent them back but they were bought before lockdown and not used for about a year.

My mate also bought some from a different source and the same was happening on his ones.

I had seen on some Zstars but it was few years ago.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It is funny that.

I bought 4 dozen QStar tours when they had a similar offer and resold 3 dozen of them when I noticed it started to happen on the first dozen. I would have sent them back but they were bought before lockdown and not used for about a year.

My mate also bought some from a different source and the same was happening on his ones.

The Q-Star Tour got really poor results in this test from 2020: https://mygolfspy.com/labs/ball-lab-srixon-q-star-tour-golf-ball-review/ So that might be related if it's around the same timeframe.

tomshanks

Hacker
Visit site
It is funny that.

I emailed Srixon a while ago about the issue and got this in response....

"The issue you are referring to sounds like something we have come across before. To get the absolute maximum quality and performance of the ball, the absolute thinnest possible cover is used to achieve ultimate performance. Although not aesthetically pleasing, there can be markings on the joining seam from the staining of mud due to the thin outer layer. We can confirm that the markings do not have any affect on performance at all."

Are the covers really any thinner than their competitors offerings?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I emailed Srixon a while ago about the issue and got this in response....

"The issue you are referring to sounds like something we have come across before. To get the absolute maximum quality and performance of the ball, the absolute thinnest possible cover is used to achieve ultimate performance. Although not aesthetically pleasing, there can be markings on the joining seam from the staining of mud due to the thin outer layer. We can confirm that the markings do not have any affect on performance at all."

Are the covers really any thinner than their competitors offerings?

They were definitely cracks in the seam.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site