Srixon Marathon Soft Balls

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Not come across these balls before
Found one at The Zoo yesterday, played with it and, have to say it wasnt bad at all.

Was in AG in Slough later, taking back some leaky shoes (see another thread) and mentioned them to the bloke, who also had never heard of them

Hmmm.... A mystery

Got home, google search , cant find any reviews, balls are on sale at clubhouse golf and various Amazon outlets at £9.99 a dozen which puts them in the Callaway Warbird category ....But they feel better than that.

Anybody else come across this ball in their travels?

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Like you I found one a few weeks back, had never heard of them before

Think I chucked it in the practice bag

I have seen the Marathon distance but they are rocks

This looks interesting. I have quite a decent SS but i have always hit some boomers with a soft feel. I also scored my only ace with one.

Bargain at a tenner a dozen

D

Deleted member 18121

My mate played with them yesterday..... he's normally and AD333 player, with Soft feel balls in the winter. Said he'd got them cheap and he suspected they were an import from somewhere. Said he couldnt tell the difference at all and quite likes them...... then he played to 12, so they cant be too bad.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've seen them in shops (probably Sports Direct as mentioned above), just assumed they were cheap rubbish and ignored them really.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Maybe it's one of the Dunlop made balls branded as Srixon just like the AD333 Tour.

Contrary to popular belief Dunlop make some very good balls eg DP1 V3 - 3 piece urethane ball.