Srixon irons

HermanWolkes

Visit site
Hi there. So I am beginner golfer and bought myself near new condition Srixon i601 set of irons. 3 - PW reg shafts
They look great and feel good when I hit them.
Some hits are better than others.
I cant find much info on them and was hoping I can ask here if someone will be able to tell me if it was a good buy. I bought them because of condition and price as I dont have the cash to buy new set.
I am 50 years old and was out of the game for very long time.
Any info or help will be much appreciated

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Welcome!! You say both "beginner" and "out of the game for very long time," so can I assume you are returning after a long lay-off?

As you mention you bought them based on "price and condition" I am sure they'll do a grand job of getting you back into the game and help you find your feet. Some hits are always better than others, that never stops!!

You didn't mention the amount you paid, but "if they look great and feel good when you hit them" that's all you need right now!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
A "game-improvement" iron from '07 or thereabouts with funky coloured ports in the back of the head that, apparently, are purely cosmetic.
They'll do you a grand job for a good while..

HermanWolkes

Visit site
Welcome!! You say both "beginner" and "out of the game for very long time," so can I assume you are returning after a long lay-off?

As you mention you bought them based on "price and condition" I am sure they'll do a grand job of getting you back into the game and help you find your feet. Some hits are always better than others, that never stops!!

You didn't mention the amount you paid, but "if they look great and feel good when you hit them" that's all you need right now!
HI yes. returning after very long time. In SA rand was R2000 postage included from other side of the country.

HermanWolkes

Visit site
A "game-improvement" iron from '07 or thereabouts with funky coloured ports in the back of the head that, apparently, are purely cosmetic.
They'll do you a grand job for a good while..
Apparently the slots at the back are some tungsten weights and in different places from long to shorter irons

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
HI yes. returning after very long time. In SA rand was R2000 postage included from other side of the country.

That's about £100uk. No idea the relative costs of stuff in SA, but in UK that's a decent deal. I haven't been there since 2009 and the exchange rate was very similar.... (from memory) Beer was much cheaper than in UK, but took all my golf stuff with me.

Whereabouts are you based?

HermanWolkes

Visit site
That's about £100uk. No idea the relative costs of stuff in SA, but in UK that's a decent deal. I haven't been there since 2009 and the exchange rate was very similar.... (from memory) Beer was much cheaper than in UK, but took all my golf stuff with me.

Whereabouts are you based?
I stay just just outside Port Elizabeth in the Eastern Cape