• Emma Raducanu

Votes: 20 66.7%
  • Others

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Nearly getting that time of the year.... What are your nominations for SPOTY 2021. My list

Golf >> cant see anyone here
Cricket >> Root maybe but not really. May change if he smashes the Ashes
Olympics & Para >> TBH, i am not sure i followed it enough to say if anyone in there

More likely
1) Marcus Rashford > He has done more for children this year than just playing footy. Good run for the footballers too.
2) Lewis Hamilton > He smashed a few records again. Bit marmite, but still a personality and one helluve of a driver. If he wins the driver, then surely a contender.
3) Emma Raducanu > Brilliant at the US open. if she wins another tournament or so, then definitely up there

who else?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Rashford needs to start playing in more matches to be relevant to SPOTY. Won't get a nomination this year IMO
Hamilton will get nomination but is not universally liked due to his outspoken views so won't win.
Raducanu is nailed on winner, I believe.

Think there will be some Paralympians and maybe an Olympian or two - possibly Tom Pidcock/Tom Daley but apart from that I am struggling to think of anyone. Outside bet is Tyson Fury if he wins at the weekend but, like Hamilton, is a marmite character.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Rashford needs to start playing in more matches to be relevant to SPOTY. Won't get a nomination this year IMO
Hamilton will get nomination but is not universally liked due to his outspoken views so won't win.
Raducanu is nailed on winner, I believe.

Think there will be some Paralympians and maybe an Olympian or two - possibly Tom Pidcock/Tom Daley but apart from that I am struggling to think of anyone. Outside bet is Tyson Fury if he wins at the weekend but, like Hamilton, is a marmite character.

They wont nominate Fury again after last time

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
I know very little about motor cycle racing but some of the lads from the club are into it, and get so frustrated about Jonathan Rea never even getting close. He has won 6 world titles and could make that 7 this year. Seems very talented in his field, and whilst some other have also achieved great things, seems a shame that someone like Jonathan gets overlooked so often.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Feels like a done deal for Emma and rightly so, IMO.

Just to make up the numbers Kane/Southgate we did make a major Final after all.

The football team will be dealt with under Team of the Year (though they could give it to GB Olympic or Paralympic teams), Southgate maybe coach. There is normally at least one footballer, however deserving or not, in the final running though.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Europe Ryder Cup team have won the team award 4 times.
Think they might struggle this year.
Just had a peruse on Wikipedia and it shows 5 times. But that said how does an european team win a British SPOTY. That said Canadian and West Indies have won.
for me there’s a problem that SPOTY has gone from world leading sports people to characters and personality where Sports are secondary. Individuals being promoted or crucified through media Has a massive influence.
For me Radacanu should be nailed on.

sev112

Tour Winner
Visit site
The 2 Kennys for being the most successful Uk Olympians of all time
Cavendish for Tour de France stage wins
rashford‘s admirable non-football stuff was last year ?