Southport/Crosby course membership costs

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
If I remember right. They paid the least to play Hillside and bottom
Line they thought it was the best value for money by a country mile. Our head green keeper played it for nowt ( his dads a member). He thought the condition and layout was excellent.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If I remember right. They paid the least to play Hillside and bottom
Line they thought it was the best value for money by a country mile. Our head green keeper played it for nowt ( his dads a member). He thought the condition and layout was excellent.
There are Opens @Hillside which cost around £100 per person. i played around 6 years’ ago and the cost was around £50 with a meal included. The Opens usually fill up within an hour. Superb Course.

D

Deleted member 21445

I grew up playing golf at SnA and my dad's still a member.

I believe it's in the region of
£1700 a year with a £2500 entrance fee.

You will probably need to be proposed by a member to get in.

Formby and Hillside will be very similar I would have thought.

Red devil

Visit site
I grew up playing golf at SnA and my dad's still a member.

I believe it's in the region of
£1700 a year with a £2500 entrance fee.

You will probably need to be proposed by a member to get in.

Formby and Hillside will be very similar I would have thought.
I enquired last year and was told only 5 day available @ £1500 and £2.5k joining.
Formby very difficult to get into, only have 320 members,they keep it select.

NeilG

Visit site
If the information is not on the website it is clearly because they don’t want it in the public domain. Why would a member breach that bond of trust for someone on the internet that they don’t know?

Why do golf clubs not want to make public this type of information?

D

Deleted member 23270

Why do golf clubs not want to make public this type of information?
My guess is that they have full membership and waiting lists so not interested in any new enquiries for the foreseeable future.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hillside is often rated higher than Birkdale but Birkdale has better parking etc facilities for hosting the Open

Often rated higher by who? Anyone who rates Hillside higher than Royal Birkdale needs their head examined. Whilst Hillside is a very nice course it's not in Royal Birkdales league, not even close.

peld

Visit site
I'm originally from Crosby (parents till there). West Lancs was the nearest course. Reading threads like this im glad I live in Edinburgh now with the prices and difficulty to get in these places!

D

Deleted member 3432

If you need to know you obviously can't afford it and they don't want you.

How do you come up with that answer?

Quite possibly they are not wanting new members but as for not affording it who knows if they don't publish membership fee's.

Very outdated type of stereotyping.....

evemccc

Visit site
My guess, and that’s all it is, is that in most or all of these elite courses it is ‘not the money’ just ‘who you know’ — meaning the cost isn’t really that excessive, and not prohibitive to a golf-nut who’d be able and willing to make the sacrifice to afford it

I think I read once in a broadsheet that Gerrard had had a little trouble joining Hillside..despite knowing Hansen and Kenny who I believe play there

Brammall Mac

Visit site
I think I read once in a broadsheet that Gerrard had had a little trouble joining Hillside..despite knowing Hansen and Kenny who I believe play there
I believe it was Formby that didn’t want Gerrard and he lived overlooking the course.
They didn’t want any football people after the experience with Howard Kendall, although not the case any more.

D

Deleted member 16999

I believe it was Formby that didn’t want Gerrard and he lived overlooking the course.
They didn’t want any football people after the experience with Howard Kendall, although not the case any more.
Gerrard was reported to of been rejected by Hillside in 2016 due to his off field antics, but was accepted in 2017. If rumours are to be believed.

Reactions: Val

Brammall Mac

Visit site
If you were Gerrard, would you still want to join? I’d probably say stuff them, and join S&A or Birkdale tbh
I could be wrong, but Gerrard has never been on the Handicap list for Hillside (I check every so often to see how Hansen, Dalgliesh & Beglin are getting on) or S&A and I doubt Birkdale would take him if they wouldn’t take Hansen (as legend has it).
Kendall was, sadly, a hopeless alkie in his latter days.

evemccc

Visit site
I could be wrong, but Gerrard has never been on the Handicap list for Hillside (I check every so often to see how Hansen, Dalgliesh & Beglin are getting on) or S&A and I doubt Birkdale would take him if they wouldn’t take Hansen (as legend has it).
Kendall was, sadly, a hopeless alkie in his latter days.

Didn’t know that about Howard Kendall’s later years, sad to hear

Wow…Birkdale wouldn’t take Hansen? I lunched with a Muirfield member who said he’d often played with Hansen. Said he almost turned down / did turn down a trial at a big club due to it clashing with the Scottish Schoolboys golf comp…supposed to be a v good golfer (if my kümmel-affected memory is correct ??)

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Didn’t know that about Howard Kendall’s later years, sad to hear

Wow…Birkdale wouldn’t take Hansen? I lunched with a Muirfield member who said he’d often played with Hansen. Said he almost turned down / did turn down a trial at a big club due to it clashing with the Scottish Schoolboys golf comp…supposed to be a v good golfer (if my kümmel-affected memory is correct ??)
He's 6 handicap now - Hansen was 2 handicap at 16 I think - best golfing footballer I know of is St Johnstone manager Callum Davidson who's handicap is +3.3 and he broke the course record at Dunblane New with a gross 62 last year.

sunshine

Visit site
He's 6 handicap now - Hansen was 2 handicap at 16 I think - best golfing footballer I know of is St Johnstone manager Callum Davidson who's handicap is +3.3 and he broke the course record at Dunblane New with a gross 62 last year.

Julian Dicks and Roy Wegerle were very good golfers and both turned pro after their football career.