South London/Surrey coaches

OldMate

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm after some recommendations of good coaches near London (preferably Surrey but as close to London as possible, or otherwise anywhere else Londonish). I suspect Homer will be able to help. Specific issue I'm looking for guidance on is driving accuracy - it is now, and has on and off, been killing my scores all of my life. Today was the straw the broke the camel's back - played well most of the day but hooked 4 tee shots (driver/3 wood) which turned a decent comp score into a rubbish one.

I know how to hit fairways, but I don't. Without actually monitoring it, I'd guess that I commonly hit under 50% of fairways (the rest are long birdie- creators). If I hit a couple of hooks I then over compensate and hit blocks.

I tried to buy straight drives (R11S) - knew I was kidding myself, there has been an improvement, but my swing with a driver/3 wood in hand is clearly fundamentally flawed. The frustrating part is I feel like the rest of my game is better than a 7HCP, but I am a muppet off the tee for a period in almost every round.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Dean Wingrove at Wimbledon Park would be my first port of call. Very good teacher and has a good reputation with the guys I know down that neck of the woods.

Is that the course where they park the cars for the tennis? (or next to it, or whatever..)